Wicked book series

Shakazulu

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Gregory Maguire's series Wicked, but my girl got into the first book recently and has been telling me quite a bit about it. I'm planning on ordering the rest of the series for her paper back as each book is only a few bucks cept last 1 which is $11. Anyways I don't want to spoil too much but I encourage for those who enjoy reading as a hobby to pick this up as it's an adult twist to background story of the Wizard of Oz - perhaps for a female audience I suppose but I'm enjoying listening to the story however reading such lengthy novels is personally not my thing :P

I'm interested if anyone else has read up the rest of the series and if so please let me know if they're as good as the first book - if so then i'll happily indulge my girl =) going to regardless lol

I have not heard of a book called Wicked, but if I am not mistaken there is a musical with the same name.

Anyway, I like to read novels, especially fantasy (Harry Potter, LOTR, Twilight...). At the moment, I started to read A game of thrones by George R. R. Martin. I must say it is a really good book, just a bit hard English for me so I have to look in my vocabulary quite a lot but it is not the problem because the story is so interesting. I definitely recommend there novels, written by R. R. Martin... they can be compared to Tolkien if you ask me.

LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

Shak - Have you read all three of them? They are definitely in the top line for my favorite series and overall book. The plots he comes up with is beyond enthralling! It gives a really good spin of the original Wizard of Oz, especially how he makes you get & see her perspective as the good person. Also how her death isn't what it seemed as....

If you've ever seen the play (I believe they're in NY now, but I got the opportunity to see them in San Francisco 2 years back and it's amazing), you don't know how it will end. There are two different actresses, Eden Espinosa and Idina Menzel (Who by the way is now the opposing vocal coach on Fox's "Glee"). The play is based off of Gregory McGuire's books. Sometimes her and the prince die, others show her using magic to go to the Wizard's "Old World". It's cool..Haha. The second book explains to you how her son is the real prince but he doesn't know it, blah blah blah and all that madness. But like Shak said....If you haven't read the series - It's amazing..

Wicked

Son Of A Witch

A Lion Amongst Men

Shak - Have you read all three of them? They are definitely in the top line for my favorite series and overall book. The plots he comes up with is beyond enthralling! It gives a really good spin of the original Wizard of Oz, especially how he makes you get & see her perspective as the good person. Also how her death isn't what it seemed as....

If you've ever seen the play (I believe they're in NY now, but I got the opportunity to see them in San Francisco 2 years back and it's amazing), you don't know how it will end. There are two different actresses, Eden Espinosa and Idina Menzel (Who by the way is now the opposing vocal coach on Fox's "Glee"). The play is based off of Gregory McGuire's books. Sometimes her and the prince die, others show her using magic to go to the Wizard's "Old World". It's cool..Haha. The second book explains to you how her son is the real prince but he doesn't know it, blah blah blah and all that madness. But like Shak said....If you haven't read the series - It's amazing..

Wicked

Son Of A Witch

A Lion Amongst Men

i picked up paperbacks of wicked, son of a witch, and a lion amongst men and gave it to her today =)

there's actually a 4th and final book to the series called out of oz - hardcover was released last november and so far nothing on the paperback - will get the paperback of the 4th for her when it comes out

i havn't read a page yet but she loves to read and tell me durin i guess during pillow talk time lol so far we're at where she visits her sister and she's in charge of munchkinland - i'm purposely not looking ahead because i find this story to be very entertaining - btw these books definately like rated MA lol mad raunchy scenes to say the least nc-17 hahah!