Bungie Officially No Longer Supports Halo

Moto Bro

So many of you may already know and many of you just don't care but March 31st, 2012 was Bungie's last day of tracking stats for all Halo games. But long before that happened, Bungie "sold" all their right to everything Halo when they became independent from Microsoft. Technically, giving up Halo was the only way Microsoft would give them their independence once again. Personally, I think that was a dirty move on Microsoft's part and also a poor choice on Bungie's part. But we'll see what Bungie has planned for the future, hopefully it's as epic as every Halo game has been.

Microsoft also "stole" some of Bungie's employees and created a new studio to oversee all existing Halo content and create new content in the future. This studio is called 343 Industries. They are also responsible for Halo: Waypoint, which is basically a hub for Halo fans but it's also responsible for tracking multiplayer stats. This system is not nearly as detailed or comprehensive as Bungie's stat tracking. This sucks for people like me that are obsessed with their multiplayer stats and skills.

For those of you that have ever played a Halo game, this page: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/online.aspx is worth checking out. It has the combined multiplayer stats of every player that ever played a Halo game. The numbers are pretty insane. With kill counts in the billions, total number of headshots by every player, ect.

Lastly, I will leave you with this:

Bungie: O Brave New World. A documentary of Bungie's past and present, as well as a glimpse of their future plans.

Please use the topic to discuss your favorite Halo moments over the years.

Is this a bad thing? =0

Well yes, because Halo Waypoint doesn't track every last detail of your stats like Bungie.net did. Also the fact that Halo 4 will not be made by Bungie worries many Halo fans, including myself. I will keep my hopes up but I am prepared to be disappointed if Halo 4 sucks.

• 1 month later...
Trap Obama

im really glad you posted this. I'm so happy they have stats from every halo game online. Halo 2 was a wonderful time period of my life, and being able to see my old stats, and gamertags is just like walking down memory lane xD