Auto typer Issue

Seike

Using "RS Client By: Gary's Hood"

So i just set up this auto typer and for the first fight I had a distinctly troubling problem. Whenever I hold down the CTRL button (and I do that *A LOT* because it's the RS run key) and it tries to spam, it brings up the Quick Chat options on my chat window and, in doing so, ends my spam until I X out of it. It was really annoying to had to constantly fight with the quick chat options.

This happens as a result of CTRL + ENTER being used at the same time, I guess.

Anyone help?

Thought someone made a guide on this somewhere for warring..

Oh, and check dat post count. 1911.

Edited by Doc

I hope you don't have run off and have to hold control every single click you do

only time you really should be using it is while tanking and out of run

If it really is an issue just stop using an autotyper, you only need one line of text to distinguish yourself for a fall-in, and that's if you don't stick out enough with unique armor or stepping out to begin with. And the difference between having spam on the pile is minimal. If someone's spam is what gives someone the difference between seeing a pile and not, they have much bigger issues. All in all, spam has zero effect on the outcome of the war.

tl;dr stop using an autotyper, there's no reason to give up any single click or ability in a war to spam

Cam: It's not a hotkey I can control (pun intended ##) because it's RS's run hotkey.

Vig you are both not helpful AND not correct. A winning combination. Just don't post next time you don't know the answer. It's okay!

I feel like this is just a natural vice of using an autotyper. I guess what would be most helpful is figuring out if there are any buttons that i can push to immediately counteract the quick chat... I'll explore a bit.

escape and also i am disappointed, expected more

also its impossible for me to be incorrect this is a fundamental law of the runescape

Wow I'm an idiot. I misread it (that's code for saw the words 'Control Key' and assumed you were talking about TS push to talk keys), I just toggle my run by clicking on the button next to the minimapand use F6 as my push to talk key so my autotyper doesn't screw with anything. It may seem annoying but I'm used to it.

So I've been trying different things and I've found what causes the problem and how to reach a kind of solution. I still don't really get why this is happening the way it is, I assume it has something to do with how the script and RS interact. Anyways:

If your message string has no spaces either before, in between, or after words (aka one string of non-space characters such as "Green:G") then holding down the CTRL button will result in you being bombarded by the quick chat box.

However, if you put a space anywhere in the message (Aka "_G" or "G_" or "Get_Green" where the underscore represents a space) then when you hold down the CTRL button when it's trying to spam it will simply result in your spam being blank without any quick chat issues.

I can live with the shoutbox looking like this:

Seike: G

Seike:

Seike:

Seike: G

So, I'll settle for that. Much preferred to elbowing the quick chat box out of the way every 5 seconds.