Jagex Account Guardian Issue

Seike

I tried enabling Jagex Account Guardian on the website. I click "enable" and it tells me a message that an email has been sent to my email and that I need to follow the directions in it.

Despite this message, the email is never sent. It's not in my junk mail/spam folder - it's just not been sent (or at the very least never received). And I am fairly certain that Jagex has my correct email address because I get the "You've got new RS points" message and I when I tried to change my email believing that that might have been an issue, they sent me an email to confirm that decision to my current email.

I've disabled my pop up blocker and tried it - no success.

I've tried it on two different computers - no success.

I've tried it on two different accounts - no success.

Every time I refresh the page, it acts like it was never enabled. I've tried re-enabling maybe 20 times. No success.

Any ideas? I don't want to have to change the email address to a different one and try again because I want Jagex to use my main and most-secure email.

Edited by Seike
  • 2 weeks later...

In case anyone was wondering, Jagex fixed whatever the problem was (it was on their end.) and it worked now effortlessly. If anyone (doug) had this problem, you should try again.

this is unrelated but can someone tell me what it does specifically? Does it help me more on the security side or not

I've been playin Rs for 3 years (yes 3) and I haven't had a single issue with being hacked. Which is why i'm reluctant to enable it.

this is unrelated but can someone tell me what it does specifically? Does it help me more on the security side or not

I've been playin Rs for 3 years (yes 3) and I haven't had a single issue with being hacked. Which is why i'm reluctant to enable it.

Basically it secures your account to your computer and what ever devices you allow your account to be used on.

If another unauthorized device attempts to get into your account, you'll get an email asking if you tried logging in.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to put in a little side note from the future. It does indeed attempt to recognize your devices. Although I don't think it digs too deep into your device to allow login via Jagex Guardian.

Examples:

#1 Going from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and using the same username on my pc made it think it was different.

#2 On Windows 8, using chrome, i allowed it to remember my pc permanently. Opening Chrome's MetroUI version of the browser, it did not recognize it as the same computer, hence, i had to check my email and re-allow it.

That's about all i've catched so far, which in a way, it only makes me feel that much more safe with my account. Knowing that every time i've run into this security feature, it wasn't an unathorized person, but myself legitimately trying to access my account, and for that, I feel my account is safe. :)