Attack on the US Embassy in Libya

Rodgerwilco

What do you guys think about the attack on 9/11 on the US Embassy in Libya? As most of you probably know, a mob of protesters in Libya stormed the US Embassy in Benghazi, killing 4 US citizens, including the United States Ambassador Chris Stevens, 2 US Navy Seals, and I'm not sure about the fourth person.

Early reports came out citing a low-budget film titled "The Innocence of Muslims", directed by an Israeli man, who is a California citizen. I have not seen the film, but it is very offensive to Muslims and paints their prophet Mohammed in a very bad light. However, there have been contradicting reports stating that the attack was planned by Al Qaeda's second in command as a retaliation for America's drone strike which killed his son. Some say that the attack is also a reminder from the terrorist entity to remind Americans that they have not gone away, and they still seek the nation's downfall.

I don't want to sway anyone's opinion, and seem like I am biased, however I do not believe that the date of the attack was a coincidence. There was not a considerable amount of civil unrest around the US embassy in days leading up, and it was a very vulnerable target. Stevens was known to be on the Al Qaeda's hit list, and their obvious ties throughout the Middle East, considering the state of Libya currently it would be very easy for the Al Qaeda to coordinate this attack and make it seem as though it was a spontaneous riot.

Thoughts? Please try to be very sensitive to Islam, remember that these attacks, and Al Qaeda, are merely extremists and not representative of the average Muslim person. As this is quite a serious topic, I would prefer if comments were kept on a more serious tone.

Edited by Rodgerwilco

If you want sensitivity, go tickle your pickle.

Anyway heard the director was an Egyptian citizen who simply resided in the US. Not a citizen of the US at all.

Dont think of it as anything planned more than a "there's an angry mob outside the building of someone we dont like? Great! Go insult their mothers and get them riled up boys." Al Qaeda's really grasping at straws to take credit for anything, anything they can claim as their own attack

If you want sensitivity, go tickle your pickle.

Anyway heard the director was an Egyptian citizen who simply resided in the US. Not a citizen of the US at all.

Dont think of it as anything planned more than a "there's an angry mob outside the building of someone we dont like? Great! Go insult their mothers and get them riled up boys." Al Qaeda's really grasping at straws to take credit for anything, anything they can claim as their own attack

I'm not saying American's shouldn't be pissed off, I'm not saying that we should be sensitive towards the individuals responsible for the attack. I merely want sensitivity towards the Muslim faith, as you can't just say that all Muslims are to blame.

I haven't heard about him being Egyptian, it was my understand that he was an Israeli, living in the US. I may have improperly stated that he was a CITIZEN, but no one really knows about this guy 100%, he's a shady character, who is now in hiding... Wonder why...

Edited by Rodgerwilco

Personally i think they over reacted. Come on seriously after Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, Carlos Mencia, and etc it takes a 14 min video trailer that makes some sensitive muslims who can't take a joke go on a killing spree. For 1 we all know comedy isn't for sensitive ppl. Yes i like hearing racial jokes i think they are funny even the ones aimed at mexicans :D . Also the directors or director didn't know they were going to react in such a way. The video depicted their god as a rapist and murderer and what is the 1st thing they do? kill Americans. Well what a good way to show the world otherwise.

I watched the video ( the 14min long trailer) , i had good laugh i think it was funny and enjoyed it. It sucks that innocent Americans had to die but we cant control how ppl should react.

I wanna see the whole movie tho idc if it looks like crap cuz in the trailer it kinda does lol but it's still funny. No sympathy should be shown cause they took a violent action on us.

This is happening in many places, not just Syria. Stuntin, it's not a joke to them. That's a direct insult to their symbol, their prophet.

Not the first bid or movie to be aimed at a god. Just sayin

It's sad because it's a product of being blindly led by their government. Since their government had complete control over everything, including things posted on the Internet, they think that the US government controls what their citizens post to the Internet. They can't comprehend that some moron made a shitty film that in no way speaks for the US at large.

Just watched the video and it was literally the most emotion-driven, politically incorrect, low quality piece of shit video I have ever seen. It surprises me that it got enough attention to come to this level, because I can't even imagine a person who would watch the video for entertainment or for learning or otherwise. Some ignorant, uninformed, hot-headed idiot does not speak for the United States as a nation, nor represents the values of the west. Attacking the US Embassy for anger towards this guy is completely unjustified and in of itself they're stooping to the film-maker's level of emotionally-blinded anger.

a mob of protesters in Syria stormed the US Embassy in Benghazi, killing 4 US citizens

LMFAO

Not sure why I put that. Typed this up quick before my politics class.

Clearly I meant Libya though...

Edited by Rodgerwilco

Rogerwilco confirmed for geographically illiterate

I don't think a mistake qualifies as illiterate. lol. Though I will admit I don't really know too much about Libya OR Syria.

Back to the topic though, it may seem like a shitty, lame video to us, but it's the content of what the guy said that has him so enraged. It is really ironic however, how they do acts of violence and savagery in an attempt to prove that they aren't violent / savage people.