Random Diablo Discussion

Stunner

i can't do nith cus of the snakes and it CE's the shit my merc kills and i can't do chaos because of lord de sizey's fuck you up aura and it one hits my merc. might do some solo nith runs or try to set it up to clear path to nith before killing nith so i can stay away from CE.

got a highlord's ammy and a perfect vipermagi in an hour today before my power went out.

So we're all on USWest right?

How do I do the chat things to add, whisper and chat with others? I've normally always solo'd shit.

Posting for Ninja.

He said "Deathstar, you cant do nith because bad@game."

He also said "Critnazty can only compete with me because he's a robbitt."

Dirtbagok does not support the views and opinions expressed in this post.

Anyone have any good guides on characters? No Necro's.

Just started a barb to get shit for another char and holy shit I thought this game was funner than this. Or maybe I just hate starting new chars.

Not to mention constant 140ping at idle and roughly 160 - 180 while playing. wtf west coast.

Edited by Porsche 959

Skills

Combat Skill Tree

Bash-1

Leap-1

Stun-1

Leap Attack-1

Concentrate-1

Whirlwind-20

Berserk-1 (Optional)

Warcry Skill Tree

Howl-1

Shout-1-20

Battle Orders-20

Battle Command-1

Masteries Skill Tree

Axe Mastery-20

Increased Stamina-1

Increased Speed-1

Iron Skin-1-?? (Rest of your points)

Natural Resistance-1

Gear

Helm

Arreat's Face: This is ALMOST the only helm you'll need as a BvA. It adds +2 to barbarian and combat skills, gives resistances, dex and strength and has some pretty decent defense to boot. A plain one works fine if you want to use the strength requirement on it for other gear. For more defense you could use non-ethereal upped as you get the most defense without having to sacrifice the socket for a Zod. However, if you're crazy anal on defense, go for ethereal (plain or upped), just be ready to get a Zod after. There are many socket choices for this. Shael to increase your FHR, use a 40ED with another mod for more damage (IAS, strength, dexterity, or lower requirement if you're using an upped one), Um for more resistances, P Amythest or Emerald to increase strength and dexterity, respectively. The choices of what to socket this helm with are vast. Personally, I'd use an upped Arreat's with a 40ED/-15 requirements jewel. Or 40% ED with str/dex would work too.

Crown of Ages (CoA): I put this on here just in case you need a stopgap for damage reduction and resistances while dual wielding, as you most likely will be using dual weapons vs smiters, since they're guaranteed to hit. Socket it with two Bers so you can have about 40-46 DR (damage reduction) with Verdungo's.

Cheap Options

Harlequin Crest: I included this choice as a "poor" option for an all-around helm, it's almost as good since it still has a decent amount of DR and gives life and mana in place of resistances, plus the two to all skills help a little bit, on their own.

Rock Stopper: I like to consider this helm a bargain brand CoA. It does the same job as the CoA except not to the same extent, but if you can't afford CoA...you should really go for this helm as it's often tossed aside by people that don't realize its true potential. I recommend using Ber in the socket, since you'll really want to keep it for DR.

Immortal King's Will: If you can't get your hands on an Arreats yet, this will be another good choice, best when combined with the other cheaper choices, Immortal King's Forge and Pillar, since the set bonuses will make it a pretty good choice considering it's a downgrade from Arreats. Socket it the same way you would Arreats, or Ums if you're worried about res.

Armor

Fortitude: Always a good whirlwind armor. It adds 300% enhanced damage, decent defense, resistances and life. What's not to love? I recommend putting this runeword in an archon plate (AP), but if you're REALLY big on BvB (barbarian vs barbarian) combat, even more extreme is the choice of the Ethereal bugged Sacred Armor Fort, with up to 4000 defense, alone.

Enigma: This is THE armor you will be wearing when fighting casters. The ability to teleport when you want, when casters least expect it, is the number one reason you'll have this. Combined with leap's knockback, it'll give you a nice advantage to close the distance gap and WW them before they can tele again. The +2 to all skills, 8% DR, and added strength is always a bonus, too. ;D Socket this in an AP, you don't have to worry about defense when facing casters.

Cheap Options

Duress: Another good choice if you're into BvB combat or just like high defense, FHR, resistance and open wounds (OW). Its 40% FHR will make sure you hit the 48% deadline with Verdungo's on and the 33% added OW will make sure they keep bleeding every hit. Socket this in an AP or any other low requirement armor so you aren't spending so much on strength. This isn't really THAT bad a chioce for a cheaper option, but I did put it here because it's less expensive to make than the two above.

Prudence: Prudence is a unique selection for BvBs by the fact that it's the only high defense armor you can use the ethreal glitch on and not have to worry about it breaking due to its repair mod. Besides BvB I wouldn't use it though.

Belt

Verdungo's Hearty Cord: This belt is the be all/end all of barbarian belts. It adds up to 40 vitality (that's 160 life, kids), 10% FHR and 15% DR which is always welcome. Try for this as much as you can.

Cheap Options

String of Ears: Another more budget choice is the String of Ears, since it also adds 15% DR, which is what I tend focus on for Dungo's more than the vit.

Boots

Gore Riders: These boots are another "only" choice as far as barbarians go. Up these if you are on ladder for more defense. Their other damage mods are incredible to have, 10% OW, 15% Crushing Blow (CB) and Deadly Strike (DS).

Cheap Options

Immortal King's Pillar: These boots make up for lack of damage mods with additions to AR and life, plus a little more FRW. With the other two IK items I mentioned they'll get +2 to combat skills, almost making your IK helm entirely like Arreat's. You get 25% MF, too, for the rare occasion you'll use this barb to MF, if at all.

Gloves

Dracul's Grasp: This is my first choice in gloves because I figure I need some more sources of OW than direct damage. Life leech on these is good for PvM (Player vs Monster) and the added strength helps a lot, too for the Dracs low requirement.

Steelrend: These are the gloves you should choose if you want to go pure into direct damage or defense. They add about 30-60% enhanced damage and have nice defense too at around 230+. The strength mod is nice to have if you have gear that surpasses the 185 str requirement, but that's pretty rare. ;P

Cheap Options

Immortal King's Forge: Combined with the IK Pillar and Will these are another fine choice for the budget BvA. They add +20 strength and dexterity to help you with items and blockrate, plus with the set bonuses you gain 25% IAS (helpful for when you have to use Concentrate or Berserk) and 120 defense, giving you a nice boost in defense entirely.

Jewelry

Angelic Ammy/2x angelic Rings: I almost always have these on for habit and rarely have reason to take them off. These will increase your attack rating to about 1080 PER ring at level 90, plus their life bonuses are a nice little addition.

Highlord's Wrath/2x Ravenfrosts: You should use this combo if you value more damage/DS than accuracy. You'll mostly use these with your Widowmaker (again, if you want more DS) or in BvB mode...for the same reasons. I leave this option up to you since I prefer attack rating over more damage in melee, myself.

Weapon Slot 1

Grief: This weapon is the highest consistently damaging weapon for one hand damage. It's hidden +damage makes it deceptively more damaging than it ever shows on the screen. The DS mod is good for PvP while Ignore Target Defense and -25% Target Defense is good in PvM. I recommend making it in a berserker axe, since it will go well with the other axe choices and keep you under one weapon mastery. Just be sure that the IAS is at LEAST 34%.

Breath of the Dying: For those BvAs that can't get their hands on Grief I'd have to recommend this one. It falls in damage from Grief, but it helps out in other aspects like the +30 to attributes, that can save you from spending 30 into strength for that tough armor, or 30 into dexterity to get that max block, then you get 30 more into vitality for 120 life and finally 30 into energy which is...not needed but a nice bonus. It is pretty good in PvM, too with the leeches though. >_>

Cheap Options

Razor's Edge: While not an entirely huge damaging weapon, this is still a nice, relatively low cost choice as long as you keep it in the non-ethereal range. Its damage mods are where it shines. The 40% IAS makes sure you hit that top breakpoint and the high (50%) DS gives you a certain edge considering your lack of pure damage. The significant amount of OW is a godsend as well, 50% OW to make them bleed and hang back while it sets in a bit before WWing again.

Weapon Slot 2

Stormshield: That's right, the number one choice in barbarians with a shield. Thirty-five DR, high block rate and decent resistances for cold and lightning. Put an eld in it to increase the block rate further and spend less points on dex, a 40 enhanced damage/9 dex jewel in it for more damage and a still significant boost in block or a Ber in it for to have some decent DR when you're using Hsarus' for more AR.

Cheap Options

Whitstan's Guard: This is a severely cheaper choice in shields if you can't afford a SS and still want max block. I recommend getting SS though, you'll thank me for it.

deathstar: "where should i make this cow game?"

stunner: "home is where you make it"

sephiore: "yeah i like to see homos naked"

stunner: "wtf"

dstar: "ok"

I HAVEN'T BEEN ON VENT IN LIKE 3 WEEKS YOU FUCKING SHANKAPOTAMUS.

your clearly in the quote...and its not dated.

Ninja tried to do ubers last night.

And then I hit the killswitch.

Killing andy clone

Kneeglow was slain by hell temptress

Kneeglow was slain by illith

Kneeglow was slain by illith

x100

lollllllll

your clearly in the quote...and its not dated.

You guys started like 3 weeks ago so your logic is flawed##

i assume your all talking about d2 seeing as d3 isnt out yet (unless it is and im totally un-aware which would suck because i wanna play it bad.)

cant wait to play a witch doctor in d3