Dark Souls II

Emeraldwpn

http://www.fromsoftware.jp/corpinfo/release/pdf/ds2_jp_web_20121208.pdf

“Dark Souls II retains the core essence of Dark Souls while evolving to present new twists and challenges that are sure to please longtime fans and attract new comers to the series,” said Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing for Namco Bandai. ”FromSoftware is going to take a very dark path with Dark Souls II; players will need to look deep within themselves to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to embark on this journey.”
aiming for more immersion and natural experience of adventure this time

For better experience there are plans for dedicated game servers this time around

Expect the sense of accomplishment to reach into completely new heights and limits

That newcomer line has me worried.

They don't even state, about death and tears. Just having intestinal fortitude........

I still have high hopes. From made the armored core series and i don't know if you played those, but they are amazing and they were never lacking.

Right, From has conescutively made great games, but none of them have been as well known as Dark Souls has become. If they attempt to casualize any bit of DaS2 to attract that new audience like so many game devs have done, they'll ruin it.

Another fear stems from just how soon they announced it. Dark Souls was massively rushed and lost a lot of intended content thanks to Namco, as well as the sloppy job on the PC port.

I'm just so accustomed to good niche games being gutted or dumbed down in an attempt to appeal to the CoD audience. I can name maybe 4 game series that I even care about at this point.

“I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle. [Dark Souls 2] will be more straightforward and more understandable," Tomohiro Shibuya told Edge.

The downfall begins.

Hidetaka Miyazaki will not reprise his role as director for the upcoming Dark Souls 2. Instead, the duo of Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura will be in charge of the project. It looks like the change in directors will also mark a change in direction for the series, as Shibuya recently told Edge that Dark Souls 2 will be less unforgiving and obscure.
"I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle,” explained the director. “Dark Souls 2 will be more straightforward and more understandable."

http://www.gamezone.com/products/dark-souls-ii/news/dark-souls-2-director-says-the-game-will-be-more-direct-straightforward-and-understandable

The Downfall Cometh

Edited by Mjkmjkmjkmjk

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

gosh damn websites requiring a username all the time to comment on something

Edited by Emeraldwpn

http://imgur.com/a/q34ES

beginning of the game--beyond the tutorial--will "limit the player's choices" to teach them (basically, you'll be on rails for a good while)
in-game journal to keep track of objectives, hints, and information
more action-packed with big set piece encounters instead of steady dungeon crawls
story will be "straightforward" and "less subtle"
vehicle sections
same controls as Dark Souls but that seems to be all that's staying the same
>Miyazaki left Souls not necessarily by choice

And all hope I have for this is gone. Sorry Emerald, this series has been gutted.

--edit

Apparently the new director (Tomohiro Shibuya) is not the dude who worked with Monster Hunter, it's a guy with the same name by FROM. I don't know if I can take that as good news or bad. We'll have to see.

Edited by Mjkmjkmjkmjk

All things are lost. The mayans are right.

I was telling someone about all this last night, who also loves dark souls, he was getting mad at just the thought.

I blame call of duty for this mess. Advatar to movies is call of duty to video games

• 3 months later...

I think it will be a bit more mainstream directed but I don't imagine it drifting away from what made the first souls titles amazing.

I haven't watched the video yet but I've seen a few screenshots and things like that. I'm not expecting it to be better than Demons or Dark 1 but I still expect it to be one of the better games I play this year.

• 1 month later...

Looks like it's bringing back fast combat like demon souls. But for the guy to take on 3-4 enemies like that with a broadsword swing? dunno

Edited by Emeraldwpn

I don't trust any trailers. I hope it's good and I have no doubts I'll still buy it on day one, but I'd really like to see some gameplay before I can get an idea of how it'll compare to the last two Souls games.

• 9 months later...

oh man. These new convenants, how the convenants are played, duel wielding, fist weapons are now viable. Already pre-ordered through greenman gaming for $40 with a code OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1