need access and account is hacked need help with that too

Magrathea

hi guys, got rafi's email, i dont see why it was so hard to get in touch with me.... i still have you on my msn rafi and iam on all the time. anyways, yes account is compromized. i really hope stickmans isn't, it had a SHIT TON of stuff on it, like crackers etc.

if any of you guys are able to get my account locked for me that would be nice. it seems jagex has a totally fucked up system where i have to have an account to even talk to them. i still dont know how to recover my account after spending 10 minutes trying to do just that. keeps saying i need to have my recovery email account, but iam assuming thats been reset as well.

i did get an email from jagex about my account being sold 4 days ago, however it went nicely into my junk email folder where i didn't see it. maybe its already locked. that would be good.

my email account doesn't appear to have any problems like stickmans did. i dont log into it manually, so i dont type the password. i am not sure how they could have gotten my account other than trying stickmans password on my account.

ya so i need help with that. rafi doesn't seem to be responding even though i replied immidiatly.

I'd help you out if I knew how :/

do you have any PMOD's on your list. why dont you just tell them you know of a PMOD account that was hacked and maybe they can get it locked.

someone must know how to recover an account.

Gave you your access back.

We had a Pmod send in a query for you. He's asleep right now but I'll get him in touch with you tomorrow. Hope everything works out.

i did get an email from jagex about my account being sold 4 days ago, however it went nicely into my junk email folder where i didn't see it. maybe its already locked. that would be good.

I got that too. It is a phising attempt.

Joshjrn is the forums. Send him a quick PM; as I recall he got another member's account locked for him when it was hacked.

I got that too. It is a phising attempt.

but if i didn't do anything with it. then how did they get the account. uhg.

also can you NOT give me mod status until i figure out how they got my account. i dont need to be elder atm.

Joshjrn is the forums. Send him a quick PM; as I recall he got another member's account locked for him when it was hacked.

I don't think he is still a pmod. or is he?

I hope you can get your account back Mag.

Did you share computers with your brother at any point? I'd guess that's how you were compromised.

Yeah, he still is. They don't really remove that unless you ask or break the rules yourself, I believe.

Yeah, he still is. They don't really remove that unless you ask or break the rules yourself, I believe.

na, they took stickman off due to inactivity. when looking at my account, i think he might have just done a recovery request and got my account, without any info whatsoever.

do you remember what your stats and total looked like before you retired? If you do you can check to see if any stats have changed on runescape highscores. you can also use runetracker.com to see in which period of times the stats changed.

best of luck my friend.

Edited by Cpatel23

na, they took stickman off due to inactivity. when looking at my account, i think he might have just done a recovery request and got my account, without any info whatsoever.

You're both right, actually. Pmods are normally not removed due to inactivity. I've been retired for over three years and I still have any and all access that I want. That said, I do log into my account every few months or so, just to check on it. I would imagine that if you go too much time without at least logging in, Jagex would consider you a security risk, and you would eventually be demodded for that reason. That said, were you to ever come back, they'd probably give you your crown back.

To be honest, you CAN break the rules and still hold the crown. It depends on what you are warned for/given marks for. I was suspended a day for.. flaming or something I don't remember and still had my crown for long after. Anyway, hello Mag!