So I've bought a new laptop!

Cr0w5t3r

I went and bought a new laptop the other day. Just waiting for it to be built and delivered. The below is the spec:

Model: Alienware M11x R3

Processor: Intel core i7 2617M 1.5Ghz (2.6Ghz w/Turbo Boost,4Mb cache)

Memory: 4gb 1333Mhz DDR3

Video Card: 2GB DDR3 NVIDIA geForce GT 540M

Hard Drive: 320GB

Screen size: 11.6" (lol!)

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-m11x-r3/pd

Not too sure why I bought a laptop with such a high spec as I don't really do much on it. I eventually want to buy an adapter for my TV so i can stream wirelessly to it from my laptop (Wi-Di technology)!

Does it worth it??

Think you overpaid for what you got, mostly because it's Alienware.

I paid £1025 ($1650) for it in total. Looking at other laptops now, it looks like I paid a pretty good price for what I got. Granted there are other laptops out there which might be a bit cheaper but they all seem to be 14"+ and lack some of the spec. For instance, you don't see many laptops with 2gb graphics cards etc.

Then you paid even more. The price listed on the website for me is 899 Pounds

£899 is for the basic model.

Ew Dell.

Idk what you mean.

Subsidiaries:

Dell Services

Alienware

I know Dell owns Alienware. What I meant when i said 'IDK What you mean' was 'IDK why you think Dell are so bad'. This will be my 3rd Dell laptop and I've only had minimal problems with them in the past. All problems I did have they rectified them within a few days.

I hope that thing has a bitching cooling system, because you are going to be able to fry an egg on it, otherwise.

I'll let you know how the eggs taste :reporter:

I hope that thing has a bitching cooling system, because you are going to be able to fry an egg on it, otherwise.

From the GPU if anything. The CPU is a 32nm chip. They run pretty cool/low power relative to their performance. The GPU is kinda weak, it's on par with a 9600 GT.

Edited by Ewhenn

From the GPU if anything. The CPU is a 32nm chip. They run pretty cool/low power relative to their performance. The GPU is kinda weak, it's on par with a 9600 GT.

Hey you dirty ol' bastard :)... Remember the good ol' days? What are you up to man?

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind that it's a very small unit. We aren't talking a tower here.

Then you paid even more. The price listed on the website for me is 899 Pounds

£899 is for the basic model.

Ew Dell.

Idk what you mean.

Subsidiaries:

Dell Services

Alienware

I know Dell owns Alienware. What I meant when i said 'IDK What you mean' was 'IDK why you think Dell are so bad'. This will be my 3rd Dell laptop and I've only had minimal problems with them in the past. All problems I did have they rectified them within a few days.

I'll let you know how the eggs taste :reporter:

rectified lawl