TIL to Look Before you Bite

Sheckky

Food horror stories?

Umm, yeah I worked at a deli and the Liverwurst was green and my boss ate it and was like "still tastes fine"

I almost threw up and refused to serve it.  She was mad but I dont care, needless to say I dont work there anymore.

I remember my Dad found a ton of worms in some macaroni or something and he ate like half of it before realizing it. He flipped every single table within a 350 mile radius.

Nothing directly related to me though.

The fuck am I looking at :sly:

Two small bugs inside the featured pistachio. 

What does TIL mean anyways?

I take it you guys don't Reddit. 

TIL = Today I Learned

Umm I have bit into an eggroll while having lunch in school before and there was a slimy black blob in the center. Never figured out what it was exactly someone keep claiming since some of the slime stuff was clear that it was an eyeball or something but needless to say I spazzed out and didn't eat school lunch for a few weeks.

Working in a restaurant myself like Tim I come across horror a lot with rotten food and not. I've almost thrown up a few times in finding some stuff that has been hiding for a while. 

Something I have seen someone do is one Friday night, we ran out of crab meat to make crab cakes. I was sent to get some but all seafood stores had closed and the chef swore I could find some in a supermarket. I looked in all of them but I still swear that no supermarket sells crab meat. Coming back, we have many orders including some crab cakes. As a last ditch effort, the chef tells the other line cook to get crab meat out of some of the rockfish that was stuffed with crab imperial. So crab meat was picked through out of crab imperial that was rolled inside of a rockfish filet. This was then made into a crab cake and served.

Umm I have bit into an eggroll while having lunch in school before and there was a slimy black blob in the center.
Man, why couldn't I have gone to a school that served egg rolls?
Umm I have bit into an eggroll while having lunch in school before and there was a slimy black blob in the center.
Man, why couldn't I have gone to a school that served egg rolls?

I didn't try an egg roll till after high school. Man I missed the better part of school lunches by doing that disservice.