Tribute to Guthix & New Combat Abilities

Sheckky

Tribute to Guthix (free players and members)

The events of The World Wakes have already made waves across Gielinor, and no-one has been more affected than Guthix's druids. Memstix and Runestax are spreading the word just outside Falador's north gate: extolling the teachings of their god and honouring his name.

Speak to Memstix to pick up a three-piece cosmetic set of Guthix-themed gear, as well as an emote and an impressive override for two-handed swords: the Sword of Edicts (which, once obtained, can be displayed through the Customisation Interface). These free gifts are available immediately for free players and members.

Guthixian butterflies have also begun to manifest throughout the game world. Catching enough will unlock memories of Guthix himself, where all-new lore about Guthix's life as a mortal, his ascension to godhood, and his relationship with the goddess Seren will be revealed. Up to four memories can be unlocked each day, and there are 15 in total - keep catching those butterflies if you want to unlock them all! Members will also get XP in their lowest skill for each butterfly they catch. You won't earn XP or unlock any more memories for catching more than 20 butterflies per day, though.

Finally, Memstix and Runestax are building a tribute stone for Guthix just north of Falador. To pay your own tribute to Guthix, contribute a piece of rune essence to the stone. When you do so, you'll find out how many players have done the same thing. The stone will persist even when the event is over and - if at least 250,000 rune essence is added across the game worlds - the stone will act as a permanent prayer altar and small obelisk.

Enjoy!

Mod Maylea

How to start Tribute to Guthix:

• Speak to Memstix just north of Falador, by the lodestone, to receive the gifts.
  • Speak to Runestax - in the same place - for more information on the tribute stone.
  • Butterflies can be found throughout the world

Requirements:

None, although only RuneScape members can earn XP from catching butterflies.

Discuss Tribute to Guthix here.

New Combat Abilities (free players and members)

In another batch of awesome EoC updates, we've introduced four brand-new combat abilities - two each for rangers and mages - and also expanded the functions of two existing dual-wielding melee abilities.

Magic

Sonic Wave (level 8, two handed): This basic ability deals 120% of your active spell's damage gives your next attack a 10% accuracy bonus against the affected target. It has a five-second cooldown, but is a great way to help that big ultimate you've been saving up hit its mark.

Concentrated Blast (level 12, dual wielding): This basic-tier combo ability fires out three magical blasts - each causing 100% spell damage. Each of the three beams has a 5% greater chance to critically hit than its predecessor, so the damage can really stack up.

Ranged

Dazing Shot (level 8, two handed): As with Sonic Wave, this basic ability deals 120% damage and makes your next attack against the target 10% more likely to hit. It's a great way to set up your enemy for a big coup de grace.

Needle Strike (level 12, dual wielding): This basic ability does a solid 120% weapon damage, and increases your next hit's chance to critical strike by 10%.

Unload: This ultimate now does up to 110% damage per hit to enemies in the target area, with each consecutive hit adding 10% on top of the previous hit's modifier.

Attack

Flurry: The flurry of blows put out by this dual-wielding ability now affect consecutive enemies in a 360 degree area around you. As soon as one of these misses, all remaining hits in the six-second duration hit your original target, so accuracy is key for continued AoE carnage.

Strength

Frenzy: This mighty dual-wielding ultimate now causes up to 110% damage per hit in a 10-second melee barrage against targets straight in front of you, with each consecutive hit adding 10% damage on top of the previous hit's modifier.

As always, let us know your feedback on how these abilities are working out for you - as well as any other EoC feedback you have - on the forums.

Mod Avatar

New guthix cosmetic stuff looks pretty cool & everyone go donate your piece of pure ess.

You can only donate 1 per player so need 250k players to donate for the statue to become an altar and small obliesk.

Haven't tried out the new combat abilities but looks like dual-wield became a little better.

Also haven't tried catching the butterflies. I wish they came down into the jade roots  :stopit:

Here is a picture of the stuff. I like it minus the mask. 

2grUA.png     2grVW.png

Edited by Sheckky

It seems every 5 butterflies, you get a memory from Guthix.

2gsFz.png

They are pretty interesting and I'm excited to get more memories tomorrow.

Edited by Sheckky
Sweet, now we need a chaotic 2H sword so we can actually use that cosmetic.
It'd be nice if they allowed 1H weapons to use any 1H cosmetic, and 2H weapons to use 2H cosmetics (with class restrictions). I can't imagine spending money on one of these overrides just to have a new game update make my weapon type obsolete.

This page features all of the memories already:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Guthixian_memories

Click for lore sploilers - I've got one that might interest you Dan:

Spoiler

Spoiler
Edited by Aurum
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
This page features all of the memories already:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Guthixian_memories

Click for lore sploilers - I've got one that might interest you Dan:

Spoiler
Memory 9:

...understanding flooded through me as Skargaroth's blood covered my hands. I was drawn to isolated thoughts, while other details rushed by. But this I knew: there were artefacts, left by elders who came before. These items were conduits for their power, used to refine, to create on smaller scales, to create perfection.

Twelve items, like the sword. A flash of recognition - one was worn by Saradomin: the blue giant. It had drawn Tuska and Skargaroth to our...my world.

The crown located other artefacts, but it would - in turn - attract those who kept them...

-----

This implies that Saradomin is one of the gods that ravaged Guthix's world, too.

Spoiler

Holy fuck to Saradomin is an older god than Guthix. Totally goes against everything we've learnt over the past 12 years. Crazy.

And I'm guessing his helmet is his "one of 12 items" that grants his power.

I'm confused as to how there were 3 items on Gielinor when Guthix arrived. Wasn't he the first god to arrive after the Elder Gods created the planet? Didn't he shape it into a habitable place?

Edited by James
Give the update a few more days before you casually talk about spoilers please! I did have a few people specifically ask me to make sure we don't spoil things. Thanks.

Spoiler

New theory:

Spoiler

Spoiler