Hess's Life Lesson #1

Hess

So when I have one of those brain fart things and realize stuff, instead of hording the information to myself, I figure I'll share them.

You may find it stupid, some may find it helpful, either way, I'll share the little things in life I learn with you guys.

Resentment:

For those who know me well enough, you will know that I hold a lot of resentment towards people.  I was the person that if someone ever did something I didn't like, I was going to get you back.  I made it a mission, sometimes successful, sometimes not.  I crossed that person off my list and added them to my little black book.

I did it to everyone, and I'm not talking about clan mates, this is a game, I'm talking irl.  If you so much broke the tip of my pencil and did't have the urge to sharpen it when you returned it, you were on my list of "no trust".  Well, within the last few days, I started looking back on things.  I crossed off so many people, and didn't give any chances or give anyone room to grow up that I realized I crossed out so many people that eventually there was no one left to cross out.  It occurred to me I X'd out everyone and I was pissy by myself.  So that wake up call was enough to let me know, its time to let go of things, and move forward.  Forgive, forget, move on.

Resentment lives rent free in your head.  Evict it and you'll be a better person.

noob, someone probably beat you up :trollface:

jk man wise words indeed :)

I kinda had a talk with you like this one night almost 5 or 6 months ago now I think.  Not sure if you remember it at all, but I'm happy to see you seeing things like this now. ^_^

This is commonly referred to as "autism".

careful sj, stupidity is contagious, wouldn't want you to be ground zero of an outbreak

Aww man, so close to a competent joke. You'll get there someday, buddy!

I find 99% of the conflicts in the world to be highly unnecessary and needlessly built up. It's crazy how effectively civil communication can solve problems if feelings like resentment and anger don't cloud your judgement. Of course feelings are feelings and you'll always feel, but thoughts that form out of those feelings usually aren't going to produce the best results. 

I hope you truly feel less resentment in life and apply this life lesson.

Good post.

I find 99% of the conflicts in the world to be highly unnecessary and needlessly built up. It's crazy how effectively civil communication can solve problems if feelings like resentment and anger don't cloud your judgement. Of course feelings are feelings and you'll always feel, but thoughts that form out of those feelings usually aren't going to produce the best results. 

Good post.

Ok Spock. :sly:

Good post.

lol look at this guy right here