Merchanting Guide 2011

IVIessiah

map.PNG

Introduction

2Years and 12Days ago I brought you the first incarnation of this guide and until a few weeks back it was still doing the business.

However since jagex brought back Free-trade and messed with the GE a new guide is needed.

Warning: Read on at your own peril.The changes in GE make it possible to make large amounts very quickly, but they also allow you to lose large amounts pretty damn quick as well.

Factors to consider

-Jagex removed the buy/ sell timer but they still have a limit timer.

-Turning time is important. (How long it takes to buy/sell items)

-Trade limits are still in place

Below are the limits for certain types of items. The number in brackets is how many you can buy at any given time

--Rune (100)

--High level Gear (10)

--TT Gear (2)

--Rares (2)

--Weapons (10)

--Raw Materials (10k)

--Frost Bones (1k)

--Amulets (100)

The Method

Ok, heres the Juicy bit,how to make money, and believe me its easier than most people imagine.

As mentioned earlier, time is important.

To make money you need an item that either

a) buys/sells fast for a small profit

B) buys/sells slow for a Large profit

For this guide I will be focusing on item a) and below is a list of items that I believe fall into this category

-Rune boots

-Dragon boots

-Whips

-Rune Items

-Sara Swords

-Neitz Helms

-Toktz shields

-Dragon Scims

-Dragon Longs

-Barrows Items (Not sets)

For this guide ill be focusing on Dragon boots but remember the way to merch is the same for any item.

Step 1

To begin with you'll want an easy way of noting buy/sell prices. I use postit notes but a plain peice of paper is fine.

First create a table

rs002.jpg

Step 2

The next step is to find a sell price for a pair of dragon boots.

Load up the GE

Search Dragon Boots

Buy a pair of dragon boots for above the current medium price ( I find this by hitting the 5%+ button a few times) Dont worry whatever price you get will be useful later on.

Dbootssell.png

Ive got my sell price so I note it on my peice of paper.As I want to be selling quickly I will set my price to be slightly lower than the one I just got.

rs003.jpg

Step 3

The next step is to find your buy price for a pair of dragon boots

Load up the GE

Select the sell screen and sell your pair of boots for under the current medium price, Once again I just hit the 5%- button a few times.

Once Ive got this price I note it on my postit.

Dbootsbuy.png

rs004.jpg

Step 4

Run a full turn. Dragon boots are limited to (10) so I put an order in for 10 at my buy price.As soon as they are brought take them out and sell them at that sell price.

Note: Once a complete turn has been done and you are getting confident with the system you may want to multi-slot buy/sell. (Basically buying in 1 slot and selling in another).

When you are doing this you can easily put an order in for Xmore amount of the item so save some of the repetitive clicking.

Step 5

It may appear that I have only made 70k for 10 Dragon boots,but bear in mind that they brought and sold within 1 minute.

If you do 60 flips of 70k a time in an hour thats a profit of 4.2mill an hour.And once you are doing more than 1 item the possibilities are endless.

Warning

As the system runs faster than the old way prices do change rapidly and sometimes it may be nessecary to find a new buy/sell pretty fast.

With common items such as whips this may happen every 20 sold.

Other information

This system will work on ANY item in RS and can be used by anyone regardless of how much bank you may have.

I have set up #Gladzmerch on our IRC network. This channel will be used to ask questions/Share prices.

This channel will not be for idlers, only those actively merchanting.

Alternatively feel free to drop me a PM

Stay Rich

IVIessiah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
aCOWkickedME
I use postit notes but a plain peice of paper is fine.

this made me laugh, idk why.

i joined #gladzmerch though and it's empty :(

Edited by aCOWkickedME
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice table!! Baha.

You'll be hearing from me :). I have 130m I'd like to turn into a party hat! ( my dream since they were 3m and santas cost 200k-400k!

Nice guide, btw.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...