Android Users

Darktigergx

I finally gave in and got a smartphone.  It uses android OS.  I had one question, how to I set so it auto syncs (email, calendar, etc) ONLY when I am on a wifi network, saving my data for other stuffs.

While I cannot say how to manage your smart phone, all I can say is that I disbelieve in smartphone technology. Personally I think it makes people dumber and even more un-aware of reality. That's my feelings, but good luck. :)

Not sure if you can set specific apps to wifi only unless you turn all data to wifi only.  I've never looked into it though.  I suppose you can tell the mail app to only get data when you open the application?

What kind of phone and what version of the OS? It differs from phone to phone, and how you do it on a Galaxy series might not be the same as say, an HTC One.

While I cannot say how to manage your smart phone, all I can say is that I disbelieve in smartphone technology. Personally I think it makes people dumber and even more un-aware of reality. That's my feelings, but good luck. :)

If anything it only connects you more with reality. I can know what is going on anywhere in the world. 

There really is no way to set it so that it syncs only when you're on WiFi. You can set your apps to not sync and you have to do it manually or have it set to sync already. If you're asking this because you're worried about the data usage from syncing, it's really not an issue. 

I wouldn't recommend doing it but:

settings

data usage

then at the bottom there are individual apps such as exchange services, internet, maps, android os

go into each individual app

at the bottom select "restrict background data"

this makes it so it will not automatically sync when not using the phone

Thanks, I wasnt sure if it took up much data to sync everything, but i guess it doesnt.

One more question,  I also have an android tablet, Transformer tf700t.  Ive had issues with it lagging on loading websites, scrolling thru netflix and other everyday things.  Ive read online that this seems to happen alot.  Anyone got any tips on how to improve it?