Old School RS - Here to Stay

Zach

Old School RuneScape has been running for over 3 months, so now is a good time to talk about our long term plans for the servers. Let’s cut to the chase: Old School RuneScape is here to stay!

Longevity – We’re committed to Old School RuneScape for the long term. We plan to run the service for many years to come.

Cost – When Old School RuneScape launched we said access would be included as part of membership for the first 6 months, and then we’d review the pricing. We’ve made that decision now, rather than wait for September… There will be no increase in cost for the foreseeable future and we aren’t planning to review the pricing again for at least the next year, if not much longer. You will be able to access both Old School and the main game for the price you are currently paying for membership.

Stability – We’re aware players are still being affected by sporadic server disconnects and connectivity issues, and are re-doubling our efforts to sort this out. We’re confident that in the coming weeks and months the various steps we’re taking will progressively improve connection stability.

Bots – We will continue our anti-bot work which has really been seeing results in the last month or so. Since expanding BotWatch’s reach into Old School over 90,000 additional bans have been made, an incredible number, which averages out around 1,800 bans a day. Let us be clear: this behaviour is not allowed in either main or Old School RuneScape!

Support – We will continue to support the game from a development and community perspective, continuing to evolve the service as directed by you the players. This includes the regular polls for feature updates, powered by ideas sourced from the community.

Mods Ash, MatK, Nexus, Reach and the rest of the team love working with the Old School community and are looking forward to many exciting times ahead.

Mod Pips

Executive Producer

There will be no increase in cost for the foreseeable future and we aren’t planning to review the pricing again for at least the next year, if not much longer.
Can they please make an actual decision here instead of pushing it off into the future.
War_Lord303

As much as i do not want godswords in the game they need to release some form of content for people, worlds need ddos protection i  play this game for pking and you literally cannot pk mb/deep wild because of a select few dropping the world mid fights when one of you is low at prime time., doesnt help that its all on 1 world and every other world is dead aswell, i dunno i can see it staying active for a while but itll slowly die off after the summer unless they do something

There will be no increase in cost for the foreseeable future and we aren’t planning to review the pricing again for at least the next year, if not much longer.
Can they please make an actual decision here instead of pushing it off into the future.

I think they jsut wanted to say that they were going to keep it as it is without saying that they'd "never" increase the price

Translating jagexspeech is blah

Edited by Doug Numbers

The longer they push off a price increase the more time people will have invested in it, so people will be more willing to pay more, that said, people will also be more pissed.  

Also Warlord, GodWars was the beginning of the end of skilled pk'ing.  You'd better hope they don't add them.  There's no fun when anyone and their mother with some GP can sneak up and 1-hit you.  

War_Lord303
Also Warlord, GodWars was the beginning of the end of skilled pk'ing.  You'd better hope they don't add them.  There's no fun when anyone and their mother with some GP can sneak up and 1-hit you.  

Oh i know that.

But the fact is that they have to add some form of content to keep the game alive

War_Lord303

Dunno if you're talking to me or not, i dont want these items in the game they're the reason i quit the first time but you cannot ignore the fact that unless 07 gets content updates the bossing part of the game is KQ and DKS, single pking is not worth the time untill the servers get protection against the ddosers and by single i dont mean shitty edge fights for rune legs and a neitz helmet.

Edited by War_Lord303
i dont think there should be new weapons or armor for another year or so

This. It's not like everyone is maxed yet. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually added brand new content for '07, meaning totally new weapons/armour. That's what they plan on doing by implementing this new "Dom Onion's Cave" minigame, which can give new melee, range, and mage armour with reqs of 50 and/or 65.

do u guys remember moparscape and those other private servers? are any of them around now? i'd play old school but i have a awesome life now so i don't have the time to get levels again.

While I'm happy that you guys are going to get to continue to play that game for no additional fee, I'm sad that it means our clan will continue to be split up between two games :(

Well, a lot can happen in a year. It's not like the government saying "we're incapable of doing shit so we're not going to do shit for a few more years". The Old School population is already 1/3 of what it started at 3 1/2 months ago. It's unclear where it'll be in a year.
do u guys remember moparscape and those other private servers? are any of them around now? i'd play old school but i have a awesome life now so i don't have the time to get levels again.

I think all the big ones shut down.

Well, a lot can happen in a year. It's not like the government saying "we're incapable of doing shit so we're not going to do shit for a few more years". The Old School population is already 1/3 of what it started at 3 1/2 months ago. It's unclear where it'll be in a year.

I feel like at the start, everyone who played RS played OS just to see what it was like. There were also many people who came back just to try out the servers. Seems like the people who play now are the ones who are committed to playing, and that more people will start to trickle in.