Danielle Goldstonez

Zell Smith

Hello.

I would like to make a complaint about said person for abusing me via mails. Please see to it that he is punished suitably for such crimes.

Could someone fill me in on the situation of RuneScape as a game and how clans work nowadays. I haven't logged in for around 15 months and have close to no understanding of the new combat system or the new servers and such. Or anything that's happened during that time, for that matter.

Also, these forums are strange. Who can I blame? Jade, Rafi, Linda? Just wondering why the subforum titles have no capitalisation "the gladiatorz clan" "joining gladz" etc.

P.s I have no idea who half of you are mainly due to the stupid name change thing.

:wilson:

Blame Linda

??????????????????????
?????????????????????????
??????????????????????????
???????????????????????????
????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????
????????????????????????
????????????????????????
???????????????????????? 
????????????????????????

Edited by MikeAurora

Eoc = you can spam keys to do stuff, or you can get to know what the abilites do and hit the keys and make training efficient. PvP in the Eoc combat servers aren't that great anymore. 

Like Dstar said though they have a pre Godwars 07 server now as well with the old combat system and there is still pvp going on in that.

The non capitalized stuff is probably from one of the weird skins which you can change at the bottom left corner with the change theme stuff.

Other than that though Hello!

You might Blame Linda but the changes were made due to people gripping about wanting a newer version of boards and the newer version isn't so great.

Indeed it is Richgirl.

And hello Mike ;)

How does waring happen these days, is it basically dead?

I touch myself over the thought of returning to the game.

Pretty much. A few clans have gone balls deep and become exclusive 2007 clans and will war eachother. That's about it though. 2007scape is losing popularity pretty quickly so those clans will either close or will have to re-evaluate their priorities before shit goes south. 

I touch myself over the thought of returning to the game.
I hate you :wilson:

Was considering returning for the sake of wars but doesn't seem much point by the sounds of it.

Hey Zell. Haven't seen you in a while buddy.

15 months eh?

Well the good: They completely revolutionized the combat system. You actually have to pay attention and be smart to be most effective now. Read and react to the situation, time your abilities, etc. It takes practise. There is a tutorial in Lumbridge on the basics of the system if you are interested in learning. You can also completely avoid this new system altogether by toggling on something called "Momentum" which will increase your passive damage and disabilities the new abilities, thus allowing you to do the old "Click and wait" style of combat.

The bad: Many stubborn players weren't willing to take the time to fully learn the new system inside and out, and maybe didn't get the memo about "Momentum" above, so they whined and whined until Jagex released another nostalgic version of the game (like they did with the Runescape Classic servers), except this one you have to start from scratch (unlike RSC). So now our clan and others are all split between two games, and PvP activity is pretty dead in both as a result (although the clan world is working hard to try and get this going on the 2007 servers)

The ugly: The entire playerbase of Runescape (both versions) is at an all-time low. This is probably more the reason for PvP being dead everywhere. This is caused by the fact that Jagex added microtransactions. Runescape is now a pay-to-win game. While the buyable cosmetic-overrides is acceptable in my eyes, the ability to buy gold, XP lamps, and equipment is not.

Hey Memphus. Well that cleared a few things up cheers for the rundown.

I won't be starting from scratch on a 07 account so it pretty much counts me out unless wars etc pick up again on the EoC accounts. I may log in this weekend just to see the changes but it's unlikely I will stick around. Have no motivation to play the game as it is now.

Thanks again.

That's cause you're maxed. Wait til the new skill comes out and see if you still feel the same.

Btw if you're still a member and are bored, the newer quests are pretty good.

Never cancelled my membership it's still running. Going to log in this weekend if I remember just to see how it is first hand.