New Interface tutorial video by me

Memphus

This is my best attempt to make something that's not fucking retarded, on 1366x768. And guess what? It's still fucking retarded. See all of that shit in bottom right corner? Yeah. I want that, OFF OF MY FUCKING SCREEN GOD DAMNIT BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE JAGEX FUCKING JAGEX JAGEX FUCKING JAGEX SHIT FUCK COMPANY SHIT PISS FUCK. Meanwhile, I can't use any of the black space there to do anything useful, because my other interfaces can't overlap with that bullshit. So I'm stuck with 60% of my screen while the rest of it is just a shit corner with minimized shit.

3NmqB.png

I would condense all of my abilities to be where the magic book is but fuck me right? I want to use ability hotkeys but I can't have that without this stupid shitty ass fucking thing displaying my health and prayer and shit that takes up the whole goddamn screen.

I don't need a fucking separate tab for displaying Friend's Chat, Clan Chat, Guest Clan Chat, and Private Chat display, and I definitely fucking do not need fucking filters for every single fucking one of those tabs. I just need All Chat, Friend List, Friend Chat Info, Clan Chat Info. Would be nice to be able to switch to chat and filter in the same button, you know, like it used to be? But no, fuck that, let's make it as complicated and screen real-estate heavy as fucking possible. Would also be nice to split Private Chat like it used to be, but you know what? Fuck the players. Let's force them to make a 900x200 space on their screen that can't be clicked through in order to serve the same purpose.

Gameplay HUDS? Put it in the goddamn shit corner. By the way, why does my bank have to overlap with my chat interface? I can't make it any smaller Jagex? Well, I guess I'm used to a bigger bank screen, anyway. You know, because I used to use 1366 pixels across and now I use 900, and I used to use about 700 pixels up/down, now I use about 450.

3NmLI.png

And hotkeys? Yeah. Hotkeys. You know, those things. This is what happens when you use hotkeys. On. Fucking. Locked. Mode. What. A. Fucking. Joke.

Zingalingalingalingaling

Falcon punch!

Yes that L at the bottom of my screen is League of Losers. Cya RS

:gladz:

Edited by Vigilant Foe

I actually think you might be retarded. That is without a doubt the worst interface I have ever seen. What the hell are you even doing?

As for splitting private chat, and having a click-through chatbox, and the bank popup? Those are all being fixed in the next update, Jagex has already confirmed.

I actually think you might be retarded. That is without a doubt the worst interface I have ever seen. What the hell are you even doing?

As for splitting private chat, and having a click-through chatbox, and the bank popup? Those are all being fixed in the next update, Jagex has already confirmed.

Trying to get it so that only things I care about are on the screen. I give no shits about emotes, my action bar (apart from being able to use keybinds), my other chats, or that 8 icon shit. They tried to make it as complicated as possible. It should just be 8 icons, that are Inventory, Equipment, Prayer, Abilities, Friends, Friends Chat, Clan Chat, and something else. Not, Settings > Music > Controls > Bullshit > Piece of Shit just for one fucking icon that does the same thing as Esc. It's fucking worthless. Jagex is worthless. The system is worthless.

I want shit off my screen. I can't take it off my screen. I want other things on my screen. They keep taking it off my screen. I want my screen to be bigger but I can't because I have to work around all of this shit I don't want.

On your video, you have to scroll to see your abilities. I regularly use some abilities from the book. It would be cool to have a big minimap, but it's impossible because all of shit I don't want takes up all of the room that it would go. The game is a mess.

I want shit off my screen. I can't take it off my screen. 

With the interface in "unlock" mode, click the red "X" in the corner of any of the windows to take them off your screen. The exception is the main toolbar, for obvious reasons. That is how you access everything else. And it's fucking tiny, like 50 pixels by 200 pixels.

Want to see more abilities, but don't care so much about seeing who is online at all times? Copy my interface, but put the abilities where I have my friends/clan list. Problem solved.

Really bro, it's not fucking rocket science.

See all of that shit in bottom right corner? Yeah. I want that, OFF OF MY FUCKING SCREEN GOD DAMNIT BUT I CAN'T

Unlock your interface and click the red "X" on any window you want closed.

Here you go bro, I designed this one just for you. It took me a grand total of 35 seconds.

nxb2.png

Spend an extra 5 seconds removing the emotes and other chat tabs you don't want, and voila!

The point was that you can't X out of any of the interfaces I mentioned. You can't remove emotes, chat tabs, the 8 icon thing, the Hp/Prayer bars on Action Bar, or the Action Bar itself.

You can't remove emotes, chat tabs,

Oops you are right. You used to be able to remove these (on day 1), along with the Action bar. But then there was no way to get them back. So rather than add a way to get them back, it seems Jagex just removed the ability to get rid of them. Kind of dumb, but not a big deal to me because they literally take up ZERO additional pixels on the screen.

the 8 icon thing,

No you can't. That would be dumb, then if someone accidently closed it they are fucked. And it's a useful tool for people who want to run a minimalist interface: Everything can be accessed from it. It takes up very little screen realestate.

the Hp/Prayer bars on Action Bar, or the Action Bar itself.

Yeah what I said above. Used to be able to remove it completely. The ability to minimize it is quite nice though, and makes it take up very very little space. Like I said, look at the example I made up for you there. So much visible screen, the interface takes up less space than the RS2 crap fixed junk that you used to play with! Stop using your brutal "HALF MY SCREEN IS BLACK BOXES" interface and then complaining about the system. Clearly you WANT the system to fail, so you are going out of your way to make it look shit. My example gives you what you want, and is better than RS2.

And hotkeys are in the patch notes for the next update. This is Jagex we are talking about. Things aren't going to work perfectly when first released. But it's still miles ahead of RS2 interface.

Edited by Memphus

I see just as much on my screen as you see on that one.

Your problem is that you shrunk the "3d game world" to a smaller window, leaving a bunch of black spaces all around, and then you proceed to complain about the size of your game window. Stop trolling me. I'm done with you.

I see just as much on my screen as you see on that one.

Not to "troll" you, but if you see just as much space on your setup for Vigi as in the picture of the RS2 interface he posted, then you're seeing something wrong. 

The two interfaces just don't compare. In RS2 (and for the record, I think it's completely retarded to refer to the game as "RS3" just for an interface change), it was much more simplistic. Now you have windows hiding in other windows, a crap load of new menus to sift through, and old features that were good for the game removed such as split private chat. Now before you go all "I ALREADY SAID THEY WERE ADDING THAT BACK!" I know, but the bottom line is, it is something that should not have been removed in the first place. 

JaGex is trying to change for the sake of change, and it's not good. Now if they wanted to change the interface, fine, but this "final product" was--and is--far from a finished product. 

Now I don't really agree with the approach Vigi took to basically convey the same stuff, but I do agree with him. 

Know how some people bitch that RS is copying WoW? This is one instance where I wish that were true. WoW's (insert almost any other MMO in here) default interface is ugly as sin but logical, functional, and easy to use.

The people involved in designing this just need to a little time checking out other games, I think.

Know how some people bitch that RS is copying WoW? This is one instance where I wish that were true. WoW's (insert almost any other MMO in here) default interface is ugly as sin but logical, functional, and easy to use.

The people involved in designing this just need to a little time checking out other games, I think.

If I could program and install my own interface mods I would donate extra money to Jagex. That was the best part of WoW, hands down.