Anyone have their League of Legends AmEx yet? 12k RP...

Deathstar

ya so I'm signing up. 20 dollar direct deposit into a preloaded amex card and you get 12k RP. I'll probly use the card for buying more RP later or something..

To clarify, the card works as a debit card/gift card. You get the card and can reload it from your bank account or other sources (paypal, amazon). Signing up gets you 1k rp, depositing 20 bucks from any source gets you 1k, and if you link a bank account and deposit 20+ dollars you get 10k and the 1k for depositing 20 dollars (11k). Each purchase earns you 100 RP sort of like a cash reward up to 1k. Then earn rp based on purchases after that.

https://www.serve.com/leagueoflegends/

Overall it's damn near 100 dollars worth of RP for signing up and in the end it costs you nothing.

I signed up half an hour ago and already have my 1k rp.

no thanks, its Amex.

it actually is 100 dollars worth of RP (13k) for... nothing. Seems like a no brainer to me. you could use the card to pay your RS subscription for two months with the 20 bucks and then never use it again.

They want your bank account linked because it's a fully functioning debit card. AmEx makes money out of it because every time someone uses their debit cards, and this goes for all banks, the merchant pays them a small fee (no usage fee on your end). 

They want your bank account linked because it's a fully functioning debit card. AmEx makes money out of it because every time someone uses their debit cards, and this goes for all banks, the merchant pays them a small fee (no usage fee on your end). 

This is why many places don't accept credit cards for purchases under x dollars.