hey guys i figured out how to get rich irl

Andrewski

Andrew, you missed my point entirely. My point was that if you think you are going to be able to only rent to people you know for the rest of your life, you are going to be sorely disappointed :P

I have lots of friends man. The day i made the offer on my house 4 people asked to rent out a room/suite. I hadn't even been approved for a mortgage or the offer accepted or anything lol. Since then loads of people keep asking!

She sent me that picture but i actually called her my sex slave and she hasn't talked to me since, oops lol. I'm trying to line up a new girl cause i really want one now but none of them are even close to as hot.

Hess are you dumb? How many people do you know that profit 1k a month off a house while paying a mortgage on it and while living in it. It doesn't matter what expenses come up over time because my return is so high. I'm not buying any more property till i'm done traveling. It'll be hard to manage 1 house while in another country let alone more. When i'm done will be in like 5 years and i can sell my current house and have enough equity to buy 2 houses then!

Andrew, you missed my point entirely. My point was that if you think you are going to be able to only rent to people you know for the rest of your life, you are going to be sorely disappointed :P

I have lots of friends man. The day i made the offer on my house 4 people asked to rent out a room/suite. I hadn't even been approved for a mortgage or the offer accepted or anything lol. Since then loads of people keep asking!

She sent me that picture but i actually called her my sex slave and she hasn't talked to me since, oops lol. I'm trying to line up a new girl cause i really want one now but none of them are even close to as hot.

Hess are you dumb? How many people do you know that profit 1k a month off a house while paying a mortgage on it and while living in it. It doesn't matter what expenses come up over time because my return is so high. I'm not buying any more property till i'm done traveling. It'll be hard to manage 1 house while in another country let alone more. When i'm done will be in like 5 years and i can sell my current house and have enough equity to buy 2 houses then!

I did state you were in a profitable situation with your house, but that doesn't mean all things go in a straight line.

Home ownership has a lot of financial burdens, and as a landlord it gets heftier. 

Sounds like you have a good situation going on other than having financial obligations with your friends. That's the worst- I've seen it ruin friendships. Awkward to increase rent, deal with late payment, damages, eviction, etc. months starting

On the blanket ownership advice- have to agree that it's not on par for most people. Apart from requiring a lot of responsibility (that's a personal issue) economically, money now is worth more than money in the future. Most people our age do not have a lot in their bank, and live paycheck to paycheck. The loan would thus be quite high interest / risk (ie the kind of loans that caused the bubble to burst and market to crash), and there would be no money to pad things for months when there are vacancies. For the majority of young people who are not as financially secure as you, ownership would be too big of an upfront investment to risk.

That said, once I (presumably) go back to grad school, ill be looking into doing the same thing without the sex slave part. Unfortunately grad school will take much more than my life savings as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep friends and business separated mate

My Dad rents his 2 bedroom house out to his girlfriend's daughter and her friend, he thought he could take the piss cause he was friends and now he's being swiftly evicted

One way or another!

• 4 weeks later...