What console do you plan on getting?

Drewski

Console war  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you be purchasing?

• Xbox One
    • Playstation 4
    • Both

or whenever a majority of my friends switch over

This is what it comes down to, for the last generation and this one. The consoles are identical, and there is no longer any significant console-exclusives. It comes down to what your friends are playing. Which sucks for me, because my friends are sticking with Xbox, so I get that unsavory $5/month extra charge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

xbox one will only be able to running cod ghosts at 720p 60fps, ps4 will be 1080p 60 fps.  Interesting that xbox can't get an old ass engine that's used in cod to be 1080p on the "next gen"

edit: appears both are having framerate issues, pointing to shitty programming by IW

Edited by Drewski

OK I have decided my plan. Because a $500 pricetag with one controller and no games is absolute bullshit, and the launch edition of consoles always ends up shit buggy and the 2nd edition is always so much better (PS3 exception), I will hold out on buying the XBO for now. In March, when Titanfall comes out, they will probably do a special edition of the XBO console with the game. I'll get that.

I'll likely get an Xbox a year or two after the launch. I haven't had the time/motivation to play any games on my xbox other than Mass Effect, so there is no immediate need for me to upgrade ASAP.  I do love the convenience of playing a game on my couch, though. So even though I find gaming to be more enjoyable on my PC, it's much more relaxing to just recline in a chair and nerd out with a controller in my hand. 

I wont lie though, I strongly considered getting a PS4 when they first announced the Xbox One. I still might. I dunno. I've been an Xbox Fanboy since the original. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...