King Black Dragon Guide EOC

Grave Wizard

Hey all thought I would do a King Black Dragon guide. I know that it is the lowest boss out there but it is a great place to start out your bossing career, as for high levels it is still a pretty great place with the 4 crimson charms a kill a nice reward :D

So how do i get to KBD?

KBD is located at the Edgeville icon just north of Edge monastery. 

uz9s.png

So as you can see pretty close to the bank and re-spawn point when you die, making this boss very low risk :D

Gear set up

There will be 2 setups to this the non super anti-fire and the super anti-fire setup.

non-super anti-fire: 

95m2.png

Now KBD's dragon breath will do more damage so you will not be able to last as long as the super anti-fire, to counter this just bring more food. The Bandos Godsword I have put here is probably the bare minimum weapon I would recommend at least for efficient killing, just swap that setup with any other better melee weapon you have, i.e. Chaotics,Drygores.

As for Mage & Range, Royal Dragon hide for bare minimum for range with Karils,arma c bow, crystal bow. Mage would be Polypore,staff of light, and for armour Ahirm's at least. If you have better weapons that just apply where needed.

Super Anti-fire Setup:

pcus.png

This is more of the pro setup where you are probably here for the charms so staying longer is your priority. You mostly want to try and heal as much in your hits as possible so vampire scrimshaw,aura or soul split will help there. More super restores are needed just for the soul split or if no soul split maintaining protect magic for a long period of time. Again just as before just change the gear to suit your style/needs.

Ability Bar set up. 

Here is a bunch of ability bar setups that I find handy.

2 hand melee weapon:

do22.png

Dual Weild Melee weapon:

zc1c.png

Magic:

stl7.PNG

Range:

sv9m.png

The King Black Dragon's Attacks

The King Black Dragon has 4 attacks : it's Melee attack, Poison breath, Ice Ball, Lighting ball attack and of course it's Dragon Fire :P

Here are what the breath attacks look like and what they do.

pvi7.jpg

Dragon Fire: Pretty much the standard dragon fire, super antifires will give full protection if no super antifires then make sure you have normal anti-fire pot + Pray/deflect magic.

8mpe.jpg

Lighting Ball attack: This deals magic damage no real effects done by this just damage.

mvuw.jpg

Poison ball: This deals magic and Poison damage, anti-poison ++ is recommended to stop this attack.

igqq.jpg

Ice ball: Will stun on occasion, use Freedom to escape the stun. Another handy tip is to use Anticipation whenever the cooldown resets on it. That way you are immune to stuns and you reduce damage taken by 10%. 

Here is a few videos of the non super anti-fire economy kill and the Super antifire kill. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0xlmT77srE&feature=player_detailpage

So that is KBD in action with me using the regular anti-fire.

This video will be me showing you what all the different attack styles are like on KBD, and also the best way to get quick KBD kills increasing your crimson charms per hour rate by using Quick hopping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMq8eYFrCxw&feature=player_detailpage

And that is pretty much all of it covered :P

If you have any other suggestions or feedback feel free to say :D

Enjoy KBD.

Source: http://forums.clanjaguar.com/index.php?showtopic=18661#entry169806