Lumbridge Rebuildathon

Grave Wizard

rebuild_news_image-30113739.jpg

Lumbridge Rebuildathon

October holiday event - free players and members

The Battle of Lumbridge was a conflict of earth-shattering proportions, shifting the balance of power among the gods. For the ordinary people of Lumbridge, though, little was left but shattered lives and a heck of a hole in the ground.

Foreman George is the chief steak-holder (well...probably) in the Lumbridge Rebuildathon: a non-profit venture to repair the ruined town. He's cooking up a plan to restore Explorer Jack's home, Hank's Fishing Shop and the Lumbridge General Store, using salvaged materials from the war camps and the town itself. To achieve this, he needs volunteers to clear rubble and gather resources, rebuilding Lumbridge's levelled homes from the ground up.

Each day, you'll be able to visit Foreman George for details of what he needs done next, so you can collect the items he needs from around the area and deposit them where he asks. Your contribution will be measured in points, of which you can earn 1500 per day, and these points can be exchanged at George's Rebuildathon Rewards Store for XP lamps. Of these, the small Rebuildathon lamp is available to free players only, at a cost of 750 points. The medium Rebuildathon lamp is available to free players (for 1500 points) and members (750). There's also a large Rebuildathon lamp that's members-only, for 1500 points - note that this won't appear at all on free-to-play worlds.

There are some neat cosmetic rewards on offer too. First up, everyone who contributes gets a builder's apron. Then, as the three buildings are completed, those who have contributed to the Rebuildathon - however much - can claim the following rewards:

• Explorer Jack's house complete: a replica of Explorer Jack's helmet.
  • Hank's Fishing Shop complete: an emote - The Architect.
  • General Store complete: a title - the Builder (members only).
So, get your hands dirty and show the gods how it's done - rebuilding a Lumbridge that'll weather any storm.

The Lumbridge Rebuildathon at RuneFest

There'll be a way to help with the Lumbridge Rebuildathon at RuneFest too. Lend a hand building the Lumbridge house set up at the venue and you'll earn a special code that can be redeemed from Diango for an exclusive title.

Throughout Saturday the 2nd of November (9am-midnight GMT), George will also unveil a new project: to build a memorial to the brave fallen of the Battle of Lumbridge. Help him out with building this and you'll earn contribution points, on top of your daily allowance. Be sure to pitch in - if the memorial's not finished by the end of the day, it'll remain incomplete! Note that redeeming a code obtained at RuneFest itself will count as a full daily contribution to the memorial.

Only a few days to go - we can't wait to see you there!

Mod Maylea and the RuneScape Team

How to start the Lumbridge Rebuildathon:

Speak to Foreman George. He's just north of Lumbridge Castle, by the Combat Academy.

Requirements:

None, although there are extra rewards for members.

Behind the Scenes Video

Take a look at the Lumbridge Rebuildathon in our recent Behind the Scenes video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuSkayPTztg

In Other News
  • We've added a wishing well just south of the Grand Exchange. There you can contribute coins, in-game items and Bonds, and we'll donate to charity in accordance with your generosity.

Take a look at the patch notes for other updates released today.

Discuss this on the forums.

Rewards:

400px-Lumbridge_Rebuildathon_rewards.png

The rebuildathon is really lame. I expected it to be bad, but wow...

I want real holiday events back. :jade:

Is this... No... Just no... This.. This is too much...

It's like 10 minutes of work a day for free large XP lamps, vs having to spend several hours a day at the Battlefield of Lumbridge. This is an infinitely better event.

Your mistake is comparing it to the Battle of Lumbridge instead of the generally short and fun Halloween events it's replacing. :P

Foreman George ? Really Jagex... Just when I thought you couldn't get more un-creative with events....

I'm really glad you mentioned that, cause I didn't catch it and it made my day :P  Runescape is so dumb  :chuffed:

Do these slacked jawed (not appropriate) not realize that the game was better back in 2007 and no one really wants to play the WOW version of Runescape?

:sj:

:sj14:

Good thing you have your 2007 version to play.

Some of us prefer the new combat system, and the new customizable interface. I could do without the microtransactions though.