Need some help

Kieran1127

Literally since ive been back on rs I have no idea what is the best armour, melee weapons, range weapons, mage weapons, range armour and mage armour are...

Could someone help me with this by doing one of them flow charts for example:

Torva > Bandos > Dragon

This would help me a lot if someone could because i seriously have no clue all i do is skill.

You got it pretty well there :D

One thing I would like to add is:

Adamant > Mithril > Bronze

But really... the armor you got ok.  Try to get dual-wielding down.  It takes your damage and just cb raining speed way up whether mage, range or melee and is probably the best thing about the EoC.

I'm interested in this as well. I think melee armor myself and Kieran are on the same page, but for range and mage I just don't have any idea. Also, general weapons. What are wands? Are staffs even used anymore? What the hell is with duel wielding? Am I noob if I use a Dragon Defender? Why are whips 85K???

If someone wants to take the time to answer those, I'll do stuff, or something. We almost need a guide for people returning to Runescape post-EoC. 

Melee Armor: 

Malevolent (degrades to dust) > Superior Tetsu ~~ Torva > Bandos ~~ Barrows > Dragon > Rune

Range Armor:

Sirenic (degrades to dust) > Superior Death Lotus ~~ Pernix > Armadyl ~~ Karil > Royal Dhide > Black Dhide

Mage Armor:

Tectonic (degrades to dust) > Superior Seasinger ~~ Virtus > Ganodermic > Robes of Subjugation > Ahrim > Batwing(?? dunno)

Melee Weapons:

Drygores > Chaotics (Maul, dual wield, claws, all about the same DPS) > Godswords > Whip

Range Weapons:

Ascension Crossbows > Zaryte > Royal Crossbow(this one is the best lvl/price wise) ~~ Chaotic crossbows > Crystal bow/Karil xbow/pistols > Hand Cannon

Mage Weapons:

Seismic Wand/Singularity > Virtus Wand/Book > Chaotic Staff ~~ Ahrim/Treachery Wand/Book > Armadyl Battlestaff > Polypore staff (Master wand is somewhere in this list idk where, maybe between armadyl pattlestaff and polypore)

Notes:

-Staff are now 2 hand mage weapons. Wands are 1 hand. There are corresponding off-hand mage weapons (books, orbs, etc).

-All weapons of the same tier (level requirement) have approximately the same DPS.

I.E., chaotic maul, chaotic claws, chaotic rapiers, chaotic longswords will all average out to about the same damage output over time.

-dual wielding is holding a main hand weapon (same as old weapons) and an off hand weapon (new) at the same time. So instead of a black longsword and a wooden shield, now you can wield a black longsword in your main hand and an off-hand black longsword in your offhand. So you can wield two black longswords at once (replacing the wooden shield)

-Play around with dual wielding/2H weapons to see which abilities you like more, personally I like 2H.

-The Chaotic Staff is awesome, but to fight dragons you now need 85 herblore(to make super antifire potions), since a staff is 2H. The other option is to use regular antifire, a DFS, and a wand. 

-Unless they update it, never take out your dragon defender from your bank, ever again

-Whips are garbage now, also like a billion people have 85 slayer so they're common

How about a run down of gloves and boots Rain, you sexy beast you. Oh and helms that may be handy. That's about the only things I'm unsure of nowadays.

Helm: if you're on a slayer task, use a full slayer helmet. If you're not on a slayer task, stop being a noob and get on a slayer task and use a full slayer helm. Don't leave slayer as your last 99 *cough* Tristanoobdefense *cough*

Jk, I'll update later when I get out of class (no but really, do slayer ##)

Karil xbow/pistols > Hand Cannon

They added pistols to runescape?????????????????????
It's not actually a pistol pistol, just what they called the 1-handed crossbow thingy

Karil%27s_pistol_crossbow_detail.png

Edited by Rain Check

Karil xbow/pistols > Hand Cannon

They added pistols to runescape?????????????????????
It's not actually a pistol pistol, just what they called the 1-handed crossbow thingy

Karil%27s_pistol_crossbow_detail.png

Oh okay that gonna confuse the hell out of me haha.

Ahrim/Treachery Wand/Book > Armadyl Battlestaff
Why are you ranking Arma battlestaff lower than level 70 weapons?

Becaus I'm a noob that hasn't done ROTM and actually have no idea how good it is ##

How about a run down of gloves and boots Rain, you sexy beast you. Oh and helms that may be handy. That's about the only things I'm unsure of nowadays.

I could actually use this :/

Absolutely everything (combat-wise) in Runescape is tiered based on level requirement. The higher the level requirement, the better the item. Two items with the same level requirement will be identical (for DPS and accuracy). So when comparing two items, just look at their level requirement, that is absolutely the only thing that matters. 2-handed weapons are equal to dual-wielding in terms of DPS, both of which are superior to one-handed wielding. But even using one hand of a higher tier is better than using two hands of a lower tier.

Oh, and make sure you are using the combat triangle properly. Use the style that your enemy is weak to, to recieve a 50% boost to your accuracy. (You don't need to go so far as to use the exact right style within that style, like crush will do just fine on a slash-weak enemy. That extra bit is only another 10% accuracy).

Edited by Memphus

Becaus I'm a noob that hasn't done ROTM and actually have no idea how good it is ##

Also why are you ranking level 70 weapons (Ahrim/Treachery) equal to level 80 weapons (chaotic staff)?

Range Weapons:

Ascension Crossbows > Zaryte > Royal Crossbow(this one is the best lvl/price wise) ~~ Chaotic crossbows > Crystal bow/Karil xbow/pistols > Hand Cannon

Mage Weapons:

Seismic Wand/Singularity > Virtus Wand/Book > Chaotic Staff ~~ Ahrim/Treachery Wand/Book > Armadyl Battlestaff > Polypore staff (Master wand is somewhere in this list idk where, maybe between armadyl pattlestaff and polypore)

A few mistakes here. Zaryte is equal to royal and chaotic, they are all tier80.

Virtus is equal to chaotic, they are both tier80.

Armadyl battlestaff is a odd one out, it's tier is 78, placing it way above Ahrims which is tier70.