Unofficial combat level poll

Ganlam

I like having a flat 200 as the top level. I don't like how easy it is to hit said level. Ended up voting for the third option.

I much prefer the simplicity of this current calculation for combat level. Just a simple offense + defense. But I would like to see the combat skills reworked. It doesn't make sense that melee has two offensive skills while magic and ranged only have one each, given that Jagex is really trying to push the "balanced triangle" on us.

I would rather see the 6 combat skills (attack, strength, defense, constitution, ranged, magic), replaced by more balanced, triangle-oriented 6 skills:
-Melee Offense

-Melee Defense

-Ranged Offense

-Ranged Defense

-Magic Offense

-Magic Defense

This removes the redundancy of having two offensive melee skills, and removes constitution as a skill. Hitpoints can be a calculation of your active defense + armour. Summoning would work as it does now, acting as the active skill in the level calculation should it exceed the other offensive skills.

Old system. Although, I agree with Ethan.

I don't get the last mini poll there. I'd find it really hard to believe that the only way to get it back would entail having to have it as a switch option.

I'd like for more than two stats to matter in the equation. I like 200 combat as the max level, but make it so you can't get it without getting 99 in every single combat skill. Max combat actually meaning you maxed combat would be nice.

Yea its kinda annoying seeing so many 200's when there are people that are like 190's or something that actually have higher combat stats them :/

I prefer the old way over this one but it would be interesting if they could come up with a better way altogether.

i liked when the max was 126

This. I don't understand why Summoning has to have combat levels.

i think cause it effected combat ability to use summoning creatures for combat

i think cause it effected combat ability to use summoning creatures for combat
But in a way that was more akin to high level herblore and not so much like prayer/99 strength.
I much prefer the simplicity of this current calculation for combat level. Just a simple offense + defense. But I would like to see the combat skills reworked. It doesn't make sense that melee has two offensive skills while magic and ranged only have one each, given that Jagex is really trying to push the "balanced triangle" on us.

I would rather see the 6 combat skills (attack, strength, defense, constitution, ranged, magic), replaced by more balanced, triangle-oriented 6 skills:

-Melee Offense

-Melee Defense

-Ranged Offense

-Ranged Defense

-Magic Offense

-Magic Defense

This removes the redundancy of having two offensive melee skills, and removes constitution as a skill. Hitpoints can be a calculation of your active defense + armour. Summoning would work as it does now, acting as the active skill in the level calculation should it exceed the other offensive skills.

This would work amazingly, except all the whiners with 99 strength and constitution would get bitchy

-Melee Offense

-Melee Defense

-Ranged Offense

-Ranged Defense

-Magic Offense

-Magic Defense

This would work amazingly, except all the whiners with 99 strength and constitution would get bitchy

99 Strength -> converts into Ranged Defense

99 Constitution -> converts into Magic Defense

All players will have the option to reset any of their combat skills to level 1 when it is first introduced, for those that want to be some kind of "pure" (for whatever reason).

The fact is that the old formulas simply wouldn't make any sense at ALL with the current combat system, since a maxed meleer would be a much higher combat level than a maxed ranger or maxed mage, but all three are equally strong.

The fact is that the old formulas simply wouldn't make any sense at ALL with the current combat system, since a maxed meleer would be a much higher combat level than a maxed ranger or maxed mage, but all three are equally strong.

Hence why they should make max combat only for those who have 99's in all combat skills

Max combat