Legacy combat

Ganlam

I'm fine with the mechanics of EoC, I just wish they'd update older content to be just as challenging as it was pre-eoc. The biggest issue with EoC is that it made everything laughably easy. Doing an entire barrows run in full bronze with a rubbery chicken easy.

So I don't really care either way. But considering nearly 3/4 of the votes are for legacy, it should send a message to Jagex that their players haven't really been content with the system.

Seems like a pretty pointless update, IMO. As all of the gear will be staying that same (that is the REAL difference of the EoC), this is effectively just a permanent Momentum toggle. Which is fine, that is how Momentum should have been from day 1.

Bringing back the old interface as an option is great too. I love the fully customizable interface, but I can see how it can be overwhelming for some people.

I voted against it, because like James pointed out, I would rather see them focus the energy on improving the EoC, specifically creating more challenging content (or upgrading old content to make it more challenging).

Edited by Memphus

Not that i'm entirely for EoC in the first place, but isn't this mainly the point of 07 servers anyway?

also  my, comparatively late, 1,000th post

Edited by Tattles
I'm fine with the mechanics of EoC, I just wish they'd update older content to be just as challenging as it was pre-eoc. The biggest issue with EoC is that it made everything laughably easy. Doing an entire barrows run in full bronze with a rubbery chicken easy.

So I don't really care either way. But considering nearly 3/4 of the votes are for legacy, it should send a message to Jagex that their players haven't really been content with the system.

By that, of course, you mean they made fighting without good armor or good weapons means your stats do nothing. It takes years to kill a man in Edgeville unarmed, and you'll actually take some damage. Gear means absolutely everything, and there is nothing dynamic or interesting about gear. You don't have the "mages do literal fucktons of damage but their gear gives no defenses" or anything like that. You don't have a choice between tons of damage zamorak robes or whatever, versus more accuracy and more defense virtus. No choices, just levels tied to gear and levels meaning nothing but gear.

Storm of Armadyl farming effigies on ganodermic beasts or get the fuck out

It looks like I'm the odd one out here and look forward to this.

I'll probably use it.

I'm just a bit put out over how they're jerking clans around. Introduce EoC, clans try to adapt. Add RS07, majority of warring clans move to that and train their damn accounts up. Then '07 starts to die. Introduce 'Legacy' combat on RS3 and what happens next? I don't know. But damn. Figure your shit out, Jagex! 

I'd probably stick with EoC, dunno.

I just really want the old interface back. :mellow:

Hopefully they let you use the old interface with the action bar + new combat system.