Computer Wierdness

Emeraldwpn

Ok, I have had my self-built computer for just about over a year now, about 1 year and 6 months. Anyway, just recently it goes into this "powersaving" mode when I leave it idle for a bit. It can't have a screensaver because it's hooked to my tv, which is actually a power saving unit. By this, the tv will just go into idle mode but the computer will still run and all I have to do is move the mouse or hit a key for it to come back on. But now the computer seems to go out as well and I treat it the same way by hitting a key and it will just turn itself on like if nothing ever happened.

My Gf thinks that I might be getting malware, I think this is fucking awesome because it's conserving power.

What do ya'll think it is?

Turn off powersaving on the computer? Or, how are the connections that you have connecting the comp -> TV? How are they connected?

PurtoRicnJw

i think you or someone eles has just changed a few things and didnt relise what you changed and that is why it is. Then it could also be something you have downloaded and if thats the case you might have other issuses you dont know about... what i recomend doing is getting CCleaner and running the registry fixer.. It is a good program that is free to use and download. Then i would also use at least 3 differnt anti virus removel programs to make sure you dont have nothing bad on your computer... yes it is good that is power saving but honestly if it was me i would be worried i got some bad virus or somthing... that is why im telling you i would run them scans..

I bet you installed a program or something that changed the powersave property.

#firstworldproblems

ah thanks.

Edited by Emeraldwpn