Drygores

Brimes

All of them are the same, i think. Depends on what you're about to do with them. It's all about the monsters weakness, so yea, it's up to you what you will choose :)

Did some research before I bought mine.

Asked a friend also, he said if I was ever going for DPS @ KK, it'd be drygore rapiers.

Also, if you didn't know. Drygore maces have a prayer bonus so it's really up to you.

A common combination is Mainhand Drygore Mace & Offhand Drygore Rapier.

Dual Rapiers are best by far imo. Literally every meaningful monster that you are not 100% accurate against already is weak to stab.

The damage reduction on Maces is just too significant to be ignored, even if you only use the mainhand.

Longswords are basically the worst (but look the coolziest), they're Rapiers, but way less useful.

They're all the same unless you're looking for a specific weakness. Then buy accordingly. Against a monster without weaknesses they are the same.

The damage reduction on Maces is just too significant to be ignored, even if you only use the mainhand.

They all do the same DPS. The damage only looks variable because it's adjusted for weapon speed. 

They all do the same DPS. The damage only looks variable because it's adjusted for weapon speed. 

why does weapon speed matter when you will never ever ever auto attack twice consecutively in a fight?

why does weapon speed matter when you will never ever ever auto attack twice consecutively in a fight?

Weapon speed is factored into the damage that your abilities do. At the end of the day, if you're ever looking into KKing, rapiers are the way to go. Otherwise, the difference between them all is negligible (except the offhand mace, it sucks), just get whichever set you think looks coolest.

Longs are the prettiest :aww:

Rapiers for kk <3

Maces for killing spiders since that's all they're good for

OMG BUT MACES GIVE PRAYER THEY ARE THE BESTEST

how often do people run out of god damn prayer these days

JohnieSenpai

get dual bronze longswords they're the best :D

but yea its pretty much just weakness (only saying that because everyone else said it)

Longs are the prettiest :aww:

Rapiers for kk <3

Maces for killing spiders since that's all they're good for

Pretty fucking good then if the new boss is going to be a spider. :trollface:

Weapon speed is factored into the damage that your abilities do. At the end of the day, if you're ever looking into KKing, rapiers are the way to go. Otherwise, the difference between them all is negligible (except the offhand mace, it sucks), just get whichever set you think looks coolest.

Yeah, that explains things. Recently Ive been noticing that the price of the off-hand dygore mace has been dropping like a stone.

Does anyone know the benefit of the long swords against the rapiers? Is there a difference in benefits regarding prayer, speed, etc?

Edited by Fair Value

To be honest I'e never noticed any differences and I've had them all. I prefer to have just maces because MHM has the prayer boost and imo A mace and long/rapier just looks silly,

Monster weakness in regards to stab, slash and crush hardly matter at all, as long as it's melee you're fine. No bosses have specific weaknesses anyway. I use the mhm for the +9 prayer bonus and ohr because it's sick.

Basically, longs are statistically pointless. Literally ANY monster that you are not already 100% accurate against is weak to STAB. BASICALLY, if weakness EVER, AT ANY POINT matters in what you do, RAPIERS are numbero uno.

However I guess a mainhand Mace is apparently good, but idk.

I think for now I can only afford the off-hand rapier and keep my chaotic rapier. We'll see how it goes :D

That's what I used for a while, and it's really effective.