Soda vs Pop

Addriana

Soda vs Pop?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you call carbonated beverages soda or pop?

Soda. My sister-in-law calls it pop and every time she does I--and everyone in my family really--want to punch her in the face. :mellow:
I'm glad I'll have at least one friend in your family :sly:

Yankees call it pop

@sas thats about right lol. No one around here says I want soda or pop, they say what kind of drink they want.

Edited by Scuzzedout

Coke is a brand name, not the drink itself. On rare occasions I've said Coke, only because I assume that's the brand most restaurants have, they've asked me if Pepsi was alright. That, of course, is a big no.  :rage:

Coke is a brand name, not the drink itself. On rare occasions I've said Coke, only because I assume that's the brand most restaurants have, they've asked me if Pepsi was alright. That, of course, is a big no.  :rage:

it depends on what area's people grow up, some areas say pop some say soda and some say coke

People actually call it coke >.>

If that isn't a marketing win I don't know what is. 

In Australia, you call it by whatever it is e.g. Coke, Pepsi, Solo etc or soft drink. I've never heard anyone call soft drinks pop or soda.

Edited by Joelly88

Pepsi is awesome wtf is wrong with you lol you can even call it the king of beverages!

Edited by Death Angle4

I think they call it coke just because that is the type of beverage they want in the south honestly. They had a Pepsi vs Coke thing that sparked that.

I think they call it coke just because that is the type of beverage they want in the south honestly. They had a Pepsi vs Coke thing that sparked that.

Cola is the drink. Coke is a brand of Cola, hence why they're called Coca-Cola and Pepsi Cola.

wow ok calm down sir

My parents used to call it pop, but I knew that soda was the correct term and more universally accepted.