Do Hookups Ever End in Love?

Coaster

IDK. Its quite the complicated story...but I suppose if you'd like to know I'll throw it at you in uhhh 5 paragraphs or less.

Sooooo being a closet homo in the bible belt isnt easy. I came out in '11 and downloaded the infamous Grindr app. Messed around with a few guys then met a guy we'll call Brandon.

Brandon is in the closet. He's 28. He was in a secret 6 year relationship with a guy he roomed with in college. They ended but Brandon is still good friends with the guy and legitimately loves him (I asked him if it was loved or was in love, he says loves). He actually lives at one of the houses his ex inherited. It is what it is i guess. Anyway, Brandon hates himself. He's told me that he has had a gun in his mouth on more than 5 occasions. He's informed me that he's not ready for a relationship because of his mental health.

Brandon initially told me we could be FWB and he wasn't looking for anything serious. I'd drive to meet him at work (coalmine) and we'd have sex there. This went on for about a year and a half. Then I finally told him I had feelings for him...he instantly got scared and said that this was to be casual fun only. We had agreed to be exclusive FWB because well....why not?  So then I tried to disconnect my feelings. It didn't work. I caught him back on grindr and called him out for it. He said he didn't appreciate me checking up on him and that we needed to stop talking for a while. That was the summer of 2013.

i didn't talk to him for a few months. Then I casually began texting him and seeing how he was ding, because I genuinely do care a lot about him. Fast forward to this summer. I hit him up at the mine one night. He said i could visit him and i did. We just sat and talked for 2 hours. From there on, we text everyday. He calls me once a day and we talk about ANYTHING you could imagine. He's really opened up to me in the last 3 months. We've hung out and just talked, gotten lunch, driven around and explored the geographic of our sad county. I know almost everything about him these days. I guess what I want to know is, does this sound like a friendship or something more? I asked him when it first began and he told me friendship....but its continued....and continued....and here we are. I'm in love with him. 

My now wife, been together for 5 years, started off as fuck buddies. fuck buddies for like 6+months

I think Em and I would have a shot after a one night stand.

• 3 weeks later...

Gosh so complicated  :(   Sadly, I think, you already know the answer to your question. What does your "gut" tell you. Listen to your heart, love isn't suppose to be this complicated. It either is or isn't. 

I'm sry for being harsh, but when someone loves you, you will never have to ask this question him.  So I say, friend. 

Personally, I would have been gone at FWB.

Good luck Brady  :D