We need a RolePlaying Subforum >3<

ClaudiusC91

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a section for RolePlaying?

• Yes, I want to RolePlay
    • No, I am not interested in RolePlaying

The town I live in is a dying town, with little resources to go around, and to those who have any, live in fear of being robbed blind by anyone who catches a whiff of whatever stash they may have. The king of this town, cares only of his wealth, and cries when he peers out of his castle, only because of seeing how ugly this town is, and cares not that it is all of his doing, nor will he do anything to fix it, because he believes it is the citizens duty to care for the land. Many tried to stand up against the king, but none even reach the castle walls, since the guards get paid very well to keep everyone away, and there will never be a short supply of guards since everyone and anyone will do anything for the job, and will do just as much to keep it.

It's a cloudy morning after a night of blistering cold rain, so the bones under our rags shiver worse then the power of the waves along the shoreline. The bell of the crier is heard from each corner of town, as the people gather from each end, to hear what frightful news he brings. 

*As the crowd gathers, I creep out from the darkest of alleyways, mixing in with the moving crowd, making its way to the towns center. I gracefully slither my way through the think crowd, heading towards the announcement stand, in which the town crier is currently getting ready to shout out the days events*

"Hear ye, hear ye! I bring word from the king! Hear ye, hear ye!"

-Bah, the lowly king, what taxes shall he raise this time...-

*As I make my way to the stand, I hastily pull out my dagger, seen by no one*

-Work for the king, die like the king. Work for the king, die like the king...-

*I repeat those words, over and over in my head as I draw closer and closer*

*removes a document from my tailor made outfit, unrolls it, then holds it in front of myself, shouting out to the crowd* "Hear ye, hear ye! As written and signed by the great king, Hastifal(It is pronounced, Haas-Tee-Fail), there will be a new law taking place as of now! The law states that anyone who is not wearing proper attire while walking the kings streets, shall be stuck down on the spot! That is all" *Rolls up the document, and turns around, starting to walk away.*

*As I draw near the stand, I notice the royal guards that were lined up behind the crier, draw their swords, and start to march towards the crowd, as everyone is drawn into a panic*

(S***, I better get this on with my plan right now!)

*I rush up to the stand, climb up onto it with great haste, grab the crier by the collar and yank him to the ground as the crowd gasp in mid-panic*

*I shout* "FOR THE PEOPLE!" *as I raise my dagger, and thrust it into the criers heart. I then whisper to the crier, as his life quickly leaves draws from his body* "Work for the king, die like the king" *as I pull out my dagger and wipe the blood on the criers outfit, the crowd and guards all stop in their tracks and look in shock upon the scene in which took place. I then turn to the crowd, raise my hands to them and shout out* ". . . . ."

That is the end of that folks, since I do believe we need our own subforum, or even better, our own forum section for these kinds of things, so it can be more organized and what not. For those who know about RolePlaying, please post that you would like a section made for us so we can play til the end of time, in a more organized manor. and to those who found this interesting, please vote yes as well, so we can show you the ropes, and lead you into the vast, and never ending world of creativity and imagination.

Now, to those who can make this official, here are my reasons why this is a good idea.

-It keeps people way more active in forums.

-It brings people more together, thus creating more connections and friendships.

-It may or may not bring in more active people to the clan/forums, all depends on word of mouth.

-Can help lower boredom during boring times, like while skilling or when no events are going on. 

-Maybe even promote the use of TeamSpeak if desired between the RPers.

-A few other REA$ONS in which I would like to mention to the official owner of the site in private chat.

Edited by ClaudiusC91

that feeling the sub forums will become creepy just cause how some of our members are, aye wouldn't hurt to add a new sub forums though.

Edited by A Dark Heart

NO! 

O goodness I remember several run ins with W42 pr-ers   :likeadrain:    They have tried to adopt Sky, turn Sky into some "whip wielding dominatrix" (sp)  and even recruit Sky into some group that meets out in the bush.. I cant be bothered with that.. :no:

:dunno:    Last I checked isn't that what we're doing on RS.. Roleplaying?  Shoot, I only wish my RL was as cool as Babylon Sky.

I for one find our forums are quite organized. Ppl like Linda, Jade,Tristan  and many more have given countless (unpaid) hrs from their RL to ensure we do have these forums. I cant imagine what it takes to run this site :o  and try to meet the needs of so many different personalities   <3

Edited by Babylon Sky
that feeling the sub forums will become creepy just cause how some of our members are, aye wouldn't hurt to add a new sub forums though.
Wot u going on about.

I for one am interested.

They have tried to adopt Sky, turn Sky into some "whip wielding dominatrix" (sp)  and even recruit Sky into some group that meets out in the bush..

:otvnaughty:

:otvnaughty: :otvnaughty: :otvnaughty:

Edited by Mrs Memphus
NO! 

O goodness I remember several run ins with W42 pr-ers   :likeadrain:    They have tried to adopt Sky, turn Sky into some "whip wielding dominatrix" (sp)  and even recruit Sky into some group that meets out in the bush.. I cant be bothered with that.. :no:

:dunno:    Last I checked isn't that what we're doing on RS.. Roleplaying?  Shoot, I only wish my RL was as cool as Babylon Sky.

I for one find our forums are quite organized. Ppl like Linda, Jade,Tristan  and many more have given countless (unpaid) hrs from their RL to ensure we do have these forums. I cant imagine what it takes to run this site :o  and try to meet the needs of so many different personalities   <3

Well forum RPing is totally different then ingame RPing. For one, its all your choice to join or even read it for that matter in the forums, since it is in a more private location. also rather then writing just what your character is saying -ingame RP- and have limited words, you have unlimited control while -forum RPing-. What you said hurt me, its like saying "I hate chocolate icecream, so I hate all kinds".

And yes, it is organized, you're just using what I said the other day out of context. After talking with Nova, my questions were explained, and everything was dealt with and I was just confused. But as gladzgasmic said, some parts are a little dated, and he can't be bothered with it because RL is so busy. I understand that, and those that he mentioned were just super duper minor things, not technically related to the actual forums.

Plus, yes, it is organized, I was just saying, if RPing were to be brought into the forums, it would need its own section so it has a comfortable place, just like all the other well done and organized stuff.

And finally, yes, RS is a MMORPG, but in the same sense, it is totally different then RP. @_@ just woke up, so if you want me to explain, I will in another reply.

So please understand this from my point of view. Some people like it, so some others may want to try it when it exists in the forums. If you never will like it, or don't even want to look at it, it will be nicely tucked away in its own section, so you want have to lay eyes on it. Like, I have RPed on a different site before, and I have never had a bad experience. Yes, i have read some that i regret @_@, but everyone is different, and it was all my choice to read it, so please, can I get a yes vote from my long time friend? It would mean so much to me. If it's even possible, I'll take control of the section, and I'll do all the work for it. My jobs now give me plenty of time at home, so I can take control of it no problem. 

Regardless, Roleplaying is not my thing. It was not my intension to "hurt" your feelings and for that I apologize. You are correct in saying I don't like Rp-ing, but hate? I make a point to not use the word Hate in my daily life.. I find RP-ing amusing, now will I RP, heck no. And that is simply just my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

And I do not pretend to understand what it takes to run this forum and clan. What you will come to understand is... I will always voice my opinion in defense of this clan and all associated with it.

Again not meant to be "rude", You used "more organized" twice as to make a point. And also in our conversation. My thoughts are "we are organized", and wow these ppl take time out of their lives to work on these forums for ppl they barely know and for the love of the game. I'm thinking, Yeah! I like it here.

We are quite an active clan. I can barely keep up with CC and its freaking great.

We take care of our own, not just in game but if anyone comes on and has a RL outburst all of cc listens and allows one to vent.

This clan has come a long way, just in my time here. And I'm very proud of it

So if I make an attempted to defend those around me, please don't take it personal.

My No, means nothing. It is simply, no, I will not be interested in RP-ing.

I'm sure their are others who will be interested.

So good luck   

Edited by Babylon Sky
  • 2 weeks later...