Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Legendary DJ

Since we're less than 3 days from the official release date, I figured I'd start up a discussion topic. I've got the game pre-ordered and will be getting it either on midnight Thursday night (if the store I got from is doing a midnight release party) or early morning Friday.

Will update this post more when the game comes out but here's some of my initial thoughts about it.

New mega evolutions - loads of new megas have been confirmed. Some highlights are all three hoenn starters, both camerupt and sharpedo (for team aqua and team magma), salamence, metagross, and latios/latias. Should provide for some interesting battle teams/strategies

Pokemon Overworld - a brand new feature exclusive to OR/AS. Once you've caught either of the latios/latias and have their mega stones, you'll be able to fly above Hoenn and meet all kinds of pokemon! Including legendaries from previous games! I am really hyped up about this!

Primal Groudon/Kyogre - Yes the featured legendaries are getting an update too! Through a new process called primal reversion you'll be able to unlock the prehistoric state of these legendaries. This will unlock new abilities and attacks for them.

Secret Bases and Pokemon Contests - Both confirmed to get updates. I haven't read up much on them but I will experience them first hand when the game comes out.

Familiar journey - The basic gameplay won't change too much (of course there will be some improvements) as the goal of the game is to go around to the different gyms and earn 8 badges, then travel to the pokemon league and defeat the elite 4/champion (we could see gym leaders/elite 4 use slightly different pokemon though).

As you can tell already I am super psyched for this game! Hopefully it will live up to the hype it's been getting.

Edited by Legendary DJ

I have this game preordered as well, but probably won't be able to pick it up right away. I'm mega (ha) excited though. Especially for the Overworld flying and flying into space. The Primal forms look aaaaamazing too. The whole game is just visually appealing :aww: I only played the original Ruby a little bit so these games won't be too familiar to me story-wise, but I'm still so psyched. Trying to hold myself over with my Y Version in the mean time.

Anyone getting these games care to add my 3DS friendcode, though? :D

I have this game preordered as well, but probably won't be able to pick it up right away. I'm mega (ha) excited though. Especially for the Overworld flying and flying into space. The Primal forms look aaaaamazing too. The whole game is just visually appealing :aww: I only played the original Ruby a little bit so these games won't be too familiar to me story-wise, but I'm still so psyched. Trying to hold myself over with my Y Version in the mean time.

Sure I'll add you. My FC: 0404-7260-6870

what's yours?

Sure I'll add you. My FC: 0404-7260-6870

what's yours?

2809-7501-0646

I'm going to piggyback on the friend code thing here.

Feel free to add me: 3780-9026-1385

I'm going to get OR. I can't wait to see what the secret base thing brings, that was one of my favorite parts in D/P/PT.

I don't think i'll be getting these day of release :(

Smash 4 comes out on the same day, and I simply didn't like generation 3 all that much to begin with. I'll probably pick it up eventually though.

A lot of the new features that i've seen are awesome though.

Edited by Tattles

I have lost touch with the newer Pokemon generations ever since Diamond and Pearl came out...  :pinch: The last Pokemon game I ever bought was Soul Silver (because of Crystal ofc :D).

But these I am sooo willing to try since I still have my Pokemon Emerald Version! I remember constantly asking my parents to buy it for one of my birthdays just because I liked that it had my birthstone in the title.  :lol: I wonder if they'll ever come out with an Emerald one of these.  :o

Eh, I just picked up GTAV for the Xbox one. I'll be too busy punching hookers.

:laugh:

Ok this made me want the game a bit more. The game based animations are always so nice. Kinda sad that my most wanted Mega is Beedrill...

Can't wait for Steven vs. Steven in the champion battle lol.

Steven is no longer the champion. The new champion is Steven.

Edited by Tattles

Update! Looks like the store I pre-ordered the game at is going to have a midnight release! So I'll be picking my copy up tomorrow night. Can't wait!!