Black Friday Finds

Sheckky

Anyone head out and get anything cool this morning? 

Sadly, being stuck on a small non american island limits my choices. Hoping for some nice cyber monday deals. 

Haven't found anything yet that peaked my interest. If The Long Dark goes above 50% off, I'll consider it. Also, I'll gobble up the Charlemagne DLC for CKII if it drops.

Haven't found anything yet that peaked my interest. If The Long Dark goes above 50% off, I'll consider it. Also, I'll gobble up the Charlemagne DLC for CKII if it drops.

Darn you! Forgot I was planning on buying CK ;-;. Whelp, time to shell out another 20.

Darn you! Forgot I was planning on buying CK ;-;. Whelp, time to shell out another 20.

Paradox had a massive sale about a month ago. Had I known people were interested, I would have posted it. I already owned the base game, but I bought all of the DLC other than Charl for $30. I think it was $40 for all DLC and the base game.

Actually Bo, you're in luck. The DLC pack is significantly more expensive, but the base game is deeply discounted again in the Paradox store:

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/crusader-kings-2

Buy it there and they email you a Steam key.

ETA: See Jade, I told you we'd find a time for you to buy it for cheaper :P

Edited by Joshjrn

My advice to those considering CKII right now:

First, buy it. It's amazing, and that price is as cheap as you'll ever see it. Second, don't buy the DLC right now. The price is a bit higher than you can find it. Plus, the base game is massive. It will take hundreds of hours of game time before you feel fully competent with the base mechanics. No need to muddy the water with DLC right off the bat.

Appearantly I got a ride to gamestop drunk last night and woke up with a xbox one a few games and a reminder of how much I spent.

Yikes!  :laugh: 

I've been watching the Black Friday deals on Amazon all day, and so far I bought my mom a Singer sewing machine for Christmas for about half the original price.  :biggrin_002:

Coming from the sales world, I generally never trust black Friday sale items. With steam / known software it's different for sure, but on actual items it's generally things that don't sell otherwise or don't work well.

I almost succumbed to the sinkhole of amaZon and bought a rugged, waterproof, portable blue tooth speaker on sale for $50 from $180. Then I found a tech gear review that said the speaker didn't actually get a waterproof rating like it was supposed to (false advertising much?) AND the Bluetooth range was about 1/10th of advertised. So disappointing :(

In the retail store I'm associated with (and most any other) the items on sale aren't neccesarily bad, but they aren't things that otherwise sell.

That said, I am excited for small business saturday where AMEX is gonna give anyone with their card a free $30 at a small business! I'm definitely gonna get gift certs over the phone for myself and use them towards board games.

Did a lot of shopping yesterday. Spent like $200 on like $500 worth of stuff. Christmas shopping is almost done. 

On steam I'm debating whether or not I should pay for Total War: Rome II. Idk if $15 is worth it just because the game doesn't look too appealing (although I have all the other Total War games and loved them all).