Pretty interesting topic on reddit

Crazedmage72

Crazedmage72

http://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/2r0dgb/i_know_you_guys_dont_like_eoc_or_whatever_but/Pretty interesting topic. From someone who doesn't play rs3 anymore and only play 07 i'm just curious. What do you guys think about MTX? I haven't really heard much about it but this topic made me think it is likely pretty bad. Have you guys been seeing it effect the game for the worse or for the better?

People gripe every time about these updates yet still a majority of them continue to play. So long at the remains Cosmetic I don't have an issue. The items that do give you an advantage that can be bought are a bother but not a whole lot you can do when the people who have a majority share in the company make those decisions.

Also what do people expect out of ModMat? If he gave a absolute answer it could cost him his job...

Crazedmage72

People gripe every time about these updates yet still a majority of them continue to play. So long at the remains Cosmetic I don't have an issue. The items that do give you an advantage that can be bought are a bother but not a whole lot you can do when the people who have a majority share in the company make those decisions.

Also what do people expect out of ModMat? If he gave a absolute answer it could cost him his job...

Ye, i feel bad for mat k in this spot because most of the time when a big topic comes up on reddit he has to be the one to answer and this can't be a fun topic for him to respond to knowing that he can't give people an answer that makes everyone happy because as you said he could lose his job. Quite frankly if this stuff came to old school as well i don't think i would quit but i'd be pretty annoyed by it.

Edited by Crazedmage72

I read this thread earlier, and it got me thinking; how much longer can the game really last at this rate? Eventually it will be so milked and shameless that I don't think we'll know what to do anymore. We managed to save Gladz from death, but we can't save the game.

The advantage that using real money gives is absolutely ridiculous, and is not to be taken lightly. You can legally buy gold from Jagex.

Have you not noticed that every time Jagex introduces something the players hate, they just ignore it until it slowly becomes an everyday part of the game? That's exactly what Solomon in the middle of every town is going to do. HE IS NEVER GOING TO FUCKING LEAVE NOW, HE IS THERE PERMANENTLY.

(this is more of a response to Tristan)

Edited by Tattles

I read this thread earlier, and it got me thinking; how much longer can the game really last at this rate? Eventually it will be so milked and shameless that I don't think we'll know what to do anymore. We managed to save Gladz from death, but we can't save the game.

The advantage that using real money gives is absolutely ridiculous, and is not to be taken lightly. You can legally buy gold from Jagex.

Have you not noticed that every time Jagex introduces something the players hate, they just ignore it until it slowly becomes an everyday part of the game? That's exactly what Solomon in the middle of every town is going to do. HE IS NEVER GOING TO FUCKING LEAVE NOW, HE IS THERE PERMANENTLY.

GWDn3Sz.png

Majority of the stuff in Solomans is purely cosmetic though outside of the Aura's which can be bought with loyalty points anyways which is something that every member receives. 

The items that cause the problems are often enough on the treasure hunter ( Former SOF). 

Majority of the stuff in Solomans is purely cosmetic though outside of the Aura's which can be bought with loyalty points anyways which is something that every member receives. 

The items that cause the problems are often enough on the treasure hunter ( Former SOF).

Okay so if they give you a free trial of points then it's okay for them to charge money for the rest of it? How long until they start putting an abundance of non cosmetic stuff in solomons? There's nothing stopping them. In the meantime while people rally in support of their increasing promotion of the store, they stand behind that train of thought and wait. Why not have a banner up at all times advertising the stuff you can buy? Why not put a Solomon on your screen until you've purchased 1000 gold coins worth of crap from their store? They have the ability to advertise the living crap out of a captive audience. And they will , in time.

Okay so if they give you a free trial of points then it's okay for them to charge money for the rest of it? How long until they start putting an abundance of non cosmetic stuff in solomons? There's nothing stopping them. In the meantime while people rally in support of their increasing promotion of the store, they stand behind that train of thought and wait. Why not have a banner up at all times advertising the stuff you can buy? Why not put a Solomon on your screen until you've purchased 1000 gold coins worth of crap from their store? They have the ability to advertise the living crap out of a captive audience. And they will , in time.

Was simply pointing out that the Rl money advantage stuff comes from primarily from Treasure Hunter. I am not a huge supporter of either content even though I use it. If its handed to me might as well take advantage of it ( referring to loyalty points spending since I get that from paying membership anyways and the treasure hunter crap I get off of daily use). This has been a problem since the release of it years ago and people called this would happen years ago. I am sorry that I am not moved by these sort of topics of people griping when none of it amounts to anything. Jagex has never taken much interest in what the players have to say and even with the current voting things half of the stuff they put up votes they already intended to release anyways and it just worked out that the community wanted the update. They have ignored all the feedback about dumb minigames and not updating ones that badly need it so I don't buy much into the validity of those the "Players' Say" polls.

Crazedmage72

Was simply pointing out that the Rl money advantage stuff comes from primarily from Treasure Hunter. I am not a huge supporter of either content even though I use it. If its handed to me might as well take advantage of it ( referring to loyalty points spending since I get that from paying membership anyways and the treasure hunter crap I get off of daily use). This has been a problem since the release of it years ago and people called this would happen years ago. I am sorry that I am not moved by these sort of topics of people griping when none of it amounts to anything. Jagex has never taken much interest in what the players have to say and even with the current voting things half of the stuff they put up votes they already intended to release anyways and it just worked out that the community wanted the update. They have ignored all the feedback about dumb minigames and not updating ones that badly need it so I don't buy much into the validity of those the "Players' Say" polls.

By "players say" polls do u mean they are starting to poll updates now for rs3 like they do on old school?

Yeah the players say polls mean nothing. If you watch pro wrestling for instance, they do polls all the time to try to give the appearance of caring and interaction, but the polls themselves aren't rigged. the choices are. Unless they truly don't care about the result it's super easy to word the question and answers in such a way that you always get the desired result. See, I tend to get irritated a bit when people say that cosmetic is okay. Because it's a demonstrated slippery slope. Ivp has no interest in the long term success of the game. Their only purpose is to milk players for money. They don't care about what selling gp or items or whatever they decide to sell does to the game. So they will take ten miles if you give them an inch. I also use whatever is freely handed out but while I do have the disposable income to go crazy I refuse to give them anything other than whatever membership package I pick.

If it was jagex alone then I'd have to ponder a bit about this because at least they would have the games best interest at heart and subsequently Gladz's best interest. but not while jagex is just a front for a liquidation firm.

really dont think they will put this stuff in 07...as for rs3 sadly i think it will only get worse
dXMoF.png
although i do like paying membership with in game cash but wish it did not involve mtx if i had to spend an extra few mills and gp gets taken out of game i would do that instead

dXWaH.png

*whistles*

dXVNp.png

Edited by Bryce

GWDn3Sz.png

probopass.jpg