Concerts

Ethan

As much of a music person I am, I have never had an opportunity to see a concert until last Saturday.

I and three other friends went to see Bon Iver last Saturday at the Riverside Theatre in Milwaukee, and it was one of the greatest experiences I have had. I bought the tickets five minute after they started selling, and got to the second to last row in the theatre (I assume because I bought a set of four). However, the Riverside is laid out real nicely and there wasn't an issue with seeing them or not experiencing it as much. I saw video of people who were on the first floor and I think our seats were better. Anyways, we went into this after eating at a moderately classy Middle-Eastern restaurant and a lot of marijuana. Having reserved seats was nice, because we sat down right as the opening band started playing (The Rosebuds). I'm rambling.

It was absolutely amazing. It was so much more than I thought it would be. I've been hiking/hanging out/bit of acoustic pieces with Justin Vernon, Mike Noyce, and Sean Carey before (original three out of five in the band), but never had a chance to see a show. This time, they surprisingly walked out with six other people, and it made the concert so much better. Two drum sets, a piano, a keyboard, too many guitars to count, three violins, a bass saxophone or something, a saxophone, a trumpet, a trombone, and other instruments just gave off a great sound. Rambling again!

I don't think any of you actually like Bon Iver, so I'll get to my point. What was your first concert experience like? Or what was the best concert you've seen before?

Too many to pick an absolute best. However behemoth for being relatively unkown put on one hell of a show. My first was ozzfest in like 2004

I like Bon Iver so I'm obviously jealous!

I think aside from some local punk shows I used to go to as a teenager, my first big show was Warped Tour in 2001, I believe. I got to see Rancid, Dropkick Murphys, The Vandals, Bouncing Souls, Flogging Molly, etc. It was pretty amazing.

First concert I went to was a Dilated Peoples concert like in 06 during freshman year. It was the first time i had ever gotten high, it was fucking awesome.

I hated my first concert mainly because my mom dragged me along to a christen group's concert.

My favorite concert I'd have to say is probaly the gathering which i'm probaly gonna miss this year since i'm broke.

When I was young I used to live near a huge boardwalk in California. My parents and I would watch the local concerts that were put on, I don't really remember the names of bands that played. I was, only a few years old at the time. But other than that, I think my first concert was back in 08 or something, was to go see Origin and a few other bands and some local bands down in Seattle. Was pretty fun, being on a drumming forum that John Longstreth(drummer for Origin) also goes to we got to talk for a little while. Was pretty rad.

Been to a few my first one was a Shinedown concert which had them, and Theory of a Deadman. It was good, a small venue in Baltimore.

My favorite although was Chiodos, Silverstein, A Skylit Drive at Rams Head in Baltimore.

Warped tour tomorrow though :D

First concert I went to was Ozfest back in like 2004, last concert I went to was .38 special which was in May.

They were both good, and the only ones I've been to so I guess I can't really pick a favorite.

Oh, my favorite was probably In Flames, or the time I got to see Dio, Motorhead and Iron Maiden twice in one week.

Fuck you, I am soo jealous...

I have seen O town live as my first concert when I was like 13, it was a free concert. I have watched Children of bodem, in flames, job for a cowboy, MEGADEATH, Scream, Lamb of God and thats it.

The list of bands I could make. Hmmmmmm, let's try it.

1. Black Sabbath
  2. Judas Priest
  3. Slayer
  4. Dimmu Borgir
  5. Superjoint Ritual
  6. Black Label Society
  7. Slipknot
  8. Hatebreed
  9. Lamb of God
  10. Atreyu
  11. Bleeding Through
  12. Lacuna Coil
  13. Everytime I Die
  14. Unearth
  15. God Forbid
  16. Otep
  17. Devil Driver
  18. Magna-Fi
  19. Throwdown
  20. Darkest Hour
  21. Ozzy
  22. SOAD
  23. Disturbed
  24. A7X
  25. Dragonforce
  26. Walls of Jericho
  27. The Red Chord
  28. A Life Once Lost
  29. Strapping Young Lad
  30. All That Remains
  31. Full Blown Chaos
  32. Between the Buried and Me
  33. Bad Acid Trip
  34. Godsmack
  35. Rob Zombie
  36. Korn
  37. Five Finger Death Punch
  38. In Flames
  39. Megadeath
  40. Machine Head
  41. Trivium
  42. Suicide Silence
  43. Behemoth
  44. Bullet For My Valentine
  45. Killswitch Engage
  46. In This Moment
  47. 3 Inches of Blood
  48. Chimaira
  49. Shadows Fall
  50. Winds of Plague
  51. Gogol Bordello
  52. KISS
  53. Buckcherry
  54. Mudvayne
  55. Steel Panther
  56. Chevelle
  57. Saliva
  58. Static X
  59. Since October
  60. Atomic Outlaws
  61. Stone Sour
  62. Halestorm
  63. Hellyeah!
  64. Hail the Villain
  65. Airbourne
  66. New Medicine

Numerous local bands and probably a lot more I'm forgetting from up there as well.

Edited by Damin

First concert I went to was Ozfest back in like 2004, last concert I went to was .38 special which was in May.

They were both good, and the only ones I've been to so I guess I can't really pick a favorite.

I'm assuming you went to Ozzfest in Camden? Cause if so, we were both there together <3

I'm assuming you went to Ozzfest in Camden? Cause if so, we were both there together <3

No I went to the one at the PNC Bank Art Center in July of that year :/

No I went to the one at the PNC Bank Art Center in July of that year :/

Oh, that's probably a good thing. I'm always convinced I'm going to be murdered when I go to Camden because we have to park far away.

I like Bon Iver so I'm obviously jealous!

I think aside from some local punk shows I used to go to as a teenager, my first big show was Warped Tour in 2001, I believe. I got to see Rancid, Dropkick Murphys, The Vandals, Bouncing Souls, Flogging Molly, etc. It was pretty amazing.

Aaah I'm so jealous :( I have the 01 cd right now playing in my car lol..