New Upcoming Death Mechanics

Pyrolord

I don't remember anyone complaining about the original system, where you basically had no chance to get your stuff back, because everyone was used to it.

Prior to gravestones the very hardest PvM was GWD. Nex and Corp didn't even exist. Now we have things like Vorago, Araxxi, KK, RotS, even QBD, all of which are fights where people expect to die quite a bit while learning.I dunno, maybe it won't have this effect but I just worry it'll make people even less likely to dip their toes into high level PvM.
Ffs, wrote a huge reply but got deleted because i wasnt signed in.

Something something t90 gear, something somethingrisk assessment, something something more loss while on learning curve to master a new boss, something something no risk pvm shouldnt have ever existed

Edited by Knight of Ni

Perhaps not, but it has for the past seven years. That's the environment they've been creating these challenging new bosses for.

Jade- presumably you will not wear 1billion worth of gear while learning. Presumably you would experiment in cheaper gear, and once you get the hang of things, then you whip out the party hat.

if you lose 20m learning a new boss to then be able to make bills it is still very reasonable. I think the only reason this update is in question overall is the server lag issue. The death cost is quite reasonable since before if you died you donated your gear to whoever was around or to the runescape gods. 

if you lose 20m learning a new boss to then be able to make bills it is still very reasonable. I think the only reason this update is in question overall is the server lag issue. The death cost is quite reasonable since before if you died you donated your gear to whoever was around or to the runescape gods.

Agreed. I believe Jagex said that until the servers get stabilized there will be a certain number of free deaths.

I think this is a great implementation. Much better than the current.

RuneScape has always had extremely punishing death mechanics, always; but nowadays, the only way your deaths are extremely punished is if you disconnect and literally can't reclaim your items. Otherwise, you get your shit back for free anyway.

Catch up with other MMO's that don't punish death at all? I disagree with that, very much so.

Honestly people are reading this and thinking it's the end of the world.  News flash this system is actually better.  You won't lose any money having to repair stuff that would normally degrade on death.  This includes items that would normally degrade to dust.  You'll be able to sacrifice certain low value items to discount the amount you will owe back to reclaim the items you keep (gravestones will help out with this).  Finally, if you're smart about it you'll only have to pay for a couple of items because you will get 5 items protected for free.  Three normal items, one with item protect, and another with a sign of item protection.  So this should cover all of your high value items.

i admit at first I jumped to conclusions and was 100% against it but then I took a closer read and saw that this system is in fact better.

Wait so you HAVE to pay to get your items back rather than just running to your grave?

imagine *gasp* having 120 seconds to make it back to the spot you died and also have your items appear to everyone upon death.

wow, this reminds of a game i played once. having to pay to repair your gear when you die.......... sounds like... wow i just cant remember the name. wow... blows my mind.

500k to repair gear that you could make 10m+ in the long run is still worth the cost. If they continue to flood this game with gp then spending 300m on an item would be like buying a rune set now

Edited by Lord Shinhwa

500k to repair gear that you could make 10m+ in the long run is still worth the cost. If they continue to flood this game with gp then spending 300m on an item would be like buying a rune set now

buying my drygore set was significantly easier than buying my first rune set >_>

This will make me broke. I wish I had a counter for how many stupid deaths I've had... Shadow Warriors, Gargoyles, Abyssal Demons, Spiritual Mages, Greater Demons... I'd probably have sunk 100m into this gold-sink if this was always around.

This will make me broke. I wish I had a counter for how many stupid deaths I've had... Shadow Warriors, Gargoyles, Abyssal Demons, Spiritual Mages, Greater Demons... I'd probably have sunk 100m into this gold-sink if this was always around.

Shadow warriors? As in the things below the Legends' Guild?

How have you died there?

How have you died there?

I have the same question for literally every monster you listed. 

Honestly people are reading this and thinking it's the end of the world.  News flash this system is actually better.  You won't lose any money having to repair stuff that would normally degrade on death.  This includes items that would normally degrade to dust.  You'll be able to sacrifice certain low value items to discount the amount you will owe back to reclaim the items you keep (gravestones will help out with this).  Finally, if you're smart about it you'll only have to pay for a couple of items because you will get 5 items protected for free.  Three normal items, one with item protect, and another with a sign of item protection.  So this should cover all of your high value items.

i admit at first I jumped to conclusions and was 100% against it but then I took a closer read and saw that this system is in fact better.

Like you pointed out I think a lot of people are over looking the fact that you can protect majority of your main items. So at worst you would have to pay for a pair of boots or gloves.

How have you died there?

I remember losing a full set of Guthans, when it cost ~12M there at least once. It's just a lack of paying attention, honestly. 

I don't remember anyone complaining about the original system, where you basically had no chance to get your stuff back, because everyone was used to it.

Prior to gravestones the very hardest PvM was GWD. Nex and Corp didn't even exist. Now we have things like Vorago, Araxxi, KK, RotS, even QBD, all of which are fights where people expect to die quite a bit while learning.

I dunno, maybe it won't have this effect but I just worry it'll make people even less likely to dip their toes into high level PvM.

I have no idea who any of those bosses are or what they do so we should kill them while wearing our party hats.

How have you died there?

I remember losing a full set of Guthans, when it cost ~12M there at least once. It's just a lack of paying attention, honestly. 

Losing Guthans? you sir fail