50 Shades of Geek

James

The book wasn't meant to rival "war and peace"  lol and to compare it to books of its genre, their all cheesy, this one just happens to be the more sensual and not gritty. Just sayin

But ask any man whose been stuck in a hum drum relationship, I'm sure they will agree they need more books like 50 Shades in their life..

There are tons of sensual erotica novels! And I'm not simply basing the comparison based on content; the writing itself is horrendous.

Examples:

"He tucks a stray strand of my hair that has worked its way free from my ponytail behind my ear."

"I can hardly contain the riotous feelings or is it hormones that rampage through my body."

I wonder if this book ever went through editing.

Also: "You wanted to know why I felt confused after you - which euphemism should we apply - spanked, punished, beat, assaulted me." how are any of these euphemisms?

Phrases repeated throughout the book with post count:

“Fair point, well made” - 11

"Sharp Intake of Breath" - 11 (Don't think it's that hard to think of different ways someone can breath)

Condoms are described as "Foil Packets" 18 times, basically everytime they are brought up; how hard is it to come up with new descriptions?

There're a lot more examples of the shoddy writing, but yeah >_>

Edited by I am Ironing

You really dissected the crap of this book.   :facepalm:   Goodness    :huh:      

Try to relax, and if your gonna read something like this, read it for what it is.. a book to arouse your senses, that's all.

Don't over-think and scrutinize such things.. Just go with it.   :D 

Edited by Babylon Sky

You really dissected the crap of this book.   :facepalm:   Goodness    :huh:      

Try to relax, and if your gonna read something like this, read it for what it is.. a book to arouse your senses, that's all.

Don't over-think and scrutinize such things.. Just go with it.   :D

I try to xD, I have the same issue with books which I really enjoyed previously, but now slightly irk me when I re-read them (Doubly so due to the fact that my English has improved over time and my brain automatically picks up anomalies it'd skip over before); I really enjoy the books' content, but their writing is hard to look over when you're actually doing the reading.

Edited by I am Ironing

I get that, when your brain thinks in several languages kinda sucks. As kid, American shows in Italian sucked   :jade:    Hey Arnold and Dexters Lab sucked  :(  

Edited by Babylon Sky
  • 3 months later...