Hacked...

Popadopolous

Popadopolous

Not quite sure how it happened. Nobody has access to my account that I know of, the password I use on Runescape I don't use anywhere else, I scanned my computer and there are no keyloggers, RATs, etc... So in hindsight, not sure at all how it happened.

I just logged into my account this afternoon to find the authenticator activated. I never activated the authenticator for my account so I know it wasn't me. I went through the process of getting it disabled. Then I went and changed the password and email associated with my account. I then logged in to find about 650-700 mil worth of shit just gone. There was a couple of things still trying to sell in the GE but it wasn't much, maybe 500k worth of shit.

Needless to say, I'm beyond pissed.

Did you change your password after your friend was done using your account? If not, it might have been compromised through his computer. 

Popadopolous

Did you change your password after your friend was done using your account? If not, it might have been compromised through his computer. 

Yeah. I changed everything when I started playing again.

Sorry to hear...

This is why everyone should have authenticator active and the email associated with your account should be double-protected by always requesting a code that is texted to your phone.

Popadopolous

I'll probably end up playing OldSchool Runescape for a few days until I get the drive to build up my account again.

Popadopolous

i can help you get started back up if you like

I appreciate it. But I'd rather wait a few more days just in case. Cause don't wanna end up getting all this shit back on my account then have it happen again. So I'm just waiting a little while longer and see if there is any activity on my account that I didn't make. But I've taken precautions to prevent it again but just being cautious right now.

There's also the clan bank donation that I completely insist you take back whenever you feel comfortable with your account's security. 

i can help you get started back up if you like

I don't have much to my account gp wise, but I would love to pvm with you and my skills are pretty high so if you're low enough level I can make you some gear also.

Thanks everyone. I'll try the authenticator tomorrow.

if you utilize it, also make sure you set up 2 step auth for your email address as well.

Popadopolous

Thanks everyone. I'll try the authenticator tomorrow.

if you utilize it, also make sure you set up 2 step auth for your email address as well.

Will do! I did have an old aol email on it from when I created the account like 10 years ago. Ended up changing it to a new gmail after all of this.

EDIT: After a few days of playing OSRS, I've finally gotten the drive to rebuild my account. I'll start back playing RS3 again tomorrow.

Edited by Popadopolous
Popadopolous

So far I'm on the right track to rebuilding my account. Jade and Tristan ended up giving me back the 40 mil clan bank donation I had made to help me along. With that I bought back my full armadyl with the armadyl cbow and 10k royal bolts. With the rest of the money I started to merch a bit. Ended up making a 100 mil profit from doing this and plan on continuing it. There is a certain item that has a 200% turn over. Meaning that when you buy it and then resell it, you have a good chance of making a 200% profit on that item. I won't say what item this is, because I'm still working on merching. If I said what item it was, too many people would do it and it wouldn't have a 200% turn over anymore. I did buy back all the mage logs I need for 99 firemaking (currently 94) and my zaryte bow. But long story short, I'm back on track. Shall see what the coming weeks brings.