Invention

ReDrOc

So I just realised that invention is coming out next year and I'm starting to prepare for that skill. What materials would I need? I haven't read it in depth but I know its to do with Div, Craft and Smithing. 

I'm restarting my kingdom again to collect coal as well as doing varrock elite diaries for battlestaffs (if the invention weekend is anything to go by). Anything else?

Nothing other than little bits and pieces has been released about divination.

They have mentioned a lot of the xp would come from using the invention and I remember some concept art showing drygores combined with other weapon pieces.

If you are able I would start collecting weapon and armor pieces from bossing as well ( kind of the reason for pvm comp we have going this month) -- would only help :)

From what I read, a large part of the skill will be creating augmented equipment by combining components, using that modified equipment in combat, and then dismantling it and repeating the process. People were asking for tier 95/99 gear and a rework of Smithing, and this somewhat helps with both. I think the modified tier 90 gear is going to potentially boost damage output even more.

Spoiler: hoarding items won't help you train the skill

Source: my ass is a better source than other peoples' asses

That wisdom...thank you master vigi.

Source: my ass is a better source than other peoples' asses

:otvnaughty:

Thankfully I'm too lazy to save many resources. 

I remember way back when, people camped the zombie graveyard to bank planks for construction.  

You should bank as many nails and hammers as possible.  They are important for inventing things!

I remember way back when, people camped the zombie graveyard to bank planks for construction.  

You should bank as many nails and hammers as possible.  They are important for inventing things!

This isn't much related, because it was actually useful. But the few weeks where we could collect seeds before farming came out? My favorite period on Runescape.

This isn't much related, because it was actually useful. But the few weeks where we could collect seeds before farming came out? My favorite period on Runescape.

Jade, you are Snoopy's spirit brother.