NXT Client Beta Info! | Closed Beta Weekends

Bobby

well played jagex, well played :sly:

if you want to see screenshots, they are on the RS main page

Who can take part? | System Specs

• Gold Premier Club members and players who have had continuous membership since 31st January 2012 will be invited to play-test NXT.

Dates and times for the beta weekends will be confirmed soon, so keep an eye on the news and please note the following recommended system specifications:

• CPU: Dual Core, AMD Phenom II or Intel i3/i5 CPU, 2.4+ GHz
  • RAM: 4GB+
  • GPU: GeForce 400x series, Intel HD 4x series, AMD Radeon 7xxx series
  • Disk Drive: A very fast HDD ideally a Hybrid HDD or SSD

As always with beta tests, please bear in mind that all content in NXT is subject to change and is not a representation of the final product. Any bugs or glitches that might be encountered are part and parcel of beta testing.

Gold Premier Club is still available

You still have time to secure all the benefits of Gold Premier Club and grab yourself a place on the upcoming beta weekends. For a full list of the fantastic features (including the awesome Mahjarrat outfit) see the Premier Club page.

Gielinor will look truly resplendent in the new client and we can’t wait for you to get to grips with this new dawn for RuneScape. Your valuable and insightful feedback from all the time you have put into the game will be key to the progress of NXT.

The RuneScape Team

Guess I can spend a little time checking it out when the beta starts. For those who don't get to test it I am sure those who are able to can share screenshots or maybe we can even get someone to stream a bit ?

Something I hadn't really thought about till like 15 minutes ago is NXT and botting. Will this finally destroy those annoying cheaters from abusing our game? At least for like 4 weeks? Make it harder to bot or something? Has jagex looked into this or is there anybody else who has?

So Jagex wants to exclude 99% of all PCs with the "very fast HDD or SSD" requirement? Even today most PCs often have the standard 7200RPM HDD & laptops have 5400RPM units. I know these are just the requirements for the Beta but it sounds like most people won't meet them for that reason.

Edited by MotoX Champ