Fair Valley?

Hess

2 minutes ago, Joshjrn said:

Jade murdered it. 

Reluctantly, I might add! 

Fair Valley was merged into General (I moved your most recent topic to Public). Intel is now a public forum. Insomniac is now a Public subforum. Gaming/Entertainment merged with Public. A few other changes that don't matter to anyone. 

36 minutes ago, Beric (Ironeyes) said:

Reluctantly, I might add! 

Fair Valley was merged into General (I moved your most recent topic to Public). Intel is now a public forum. Insomniac is now a Public subforum. Gaming/Entertainment merged with Public. A few other changes that don't matter to anyone. 

cool beans

Just now, Jeff said:

Long live Reluctance. 

It just about killed me cutting Fair Valley. Made perfect sense to do so, but it was also the very first forum I posted on after being accepted to Gladz. The nostalgia was strong. 

Haha!

In all honestly I don't like having unclear names for boards/ranks. If I had my druthers I'd take a flamethrower to "Rider of Rohan" and "Elite Cavalier". 

If you were a newbie would you have the faintest idea what those two ranks meant? 

There's a certain style to both rank names, but they certainly aren't clear as to what they are. 

I will say that there is something cool about a culture like Gladz having its very own vernacular. It makes it authentic because it blatantly forces people to learn what all of these arbitrary titles mean at the expense of clarity. 

7 hours ago, Beric (Ironeyes) said:

Haha!

In all honestly I don't like having unclear names for boards/ranks. If I had my druthers I'd take a flamethrower to "Rider of Rohan" and "Elite Cavalier". 

I already told you  to rename Rider.  :kanye:

7 hours ago, Gladzgasmic said:

I already told you  to rename Rider.  :kanye:

I used to be a proponent of renaming the ranks, but I think they're too venerable at this point. Just make the newbies learn them. We don't ask much else of them these days :hmph:

4 hours ago, Joshjrn said:

I used to be a proponent of renaming the ranks, but I think they're too venerable at this point. Just make the newbies learn them. We don't ask much else of them these days :hmph:

This

5 hours ago, Joshjrn said:

The name is awesome, but how many people are left who even know the origin story behind the name?  I think it would be easier for new members to rename it to council. Which is what we'd be called in any other clan.