Mining and Smithing rework - Have your Say

Bobby

How would you feel if the mining and smithing skills were extended to maximum 120?

Uh oh. 

37 minutes ago, LiquidSwords said:

Sweet. In the meantime, I'd better get my mining gainz in incase they fuck up the skill.

This is why I rushed maxcape on my main acc, because I heard about mining/smithing/agility/construction reworks. lol

This scares me for my ironman though. :o 

Good thing I already have 120 mining and construction :reporter:

but yea the idea of 120 lol...this sounds like it could end up being pretty bad :lol:

I wouldn't actually mind 120. However, if DG and Invention are any guides - Jagex is simply unable to create enough content to fill those levels. Not to mention doing that while also being handicapped by combat skills being capped at 99. There's just not that much extra gear you could add. 

Just now, Beric said:

I wouldn't actually mind 120. However, if DG and Invention are any guides - Jagex is simply unable to create enough content to fill those levels. Not to mention doing that while also being handicapped by combat skills being capped at 99. There's just not that much extra gear you could add. 

Hardened Superior Runite plate patches  added to everythingggg ( i just came up with that on the spot )

15 hours ago, Beric said:

Uh oh. 

I'd actually like that. The skill feels very limited by the current level cap. Even if they were to rework the levels, if they extended it all the way to 120 and provided actually useful armor at the end I'd be pretty happy. I feel like I'm one of a handful of players left from the early days of the game when smiting was legitimately useful. I miss that. 

There is no incentives from 99-120, but a cape right now.

there should be new things between the levels to 120.

although dg doesn't unlock any benefits besides higher floors :sly:

so still not really useful unless there is perks to go with the level.

All the armour you get now adays you can't even smith it, or the ones you need it for it's untradeable like the ports armour.

sure you can buy the lesser stuff but eh idk.