Battlefield 1

Astraeus G

Last week, Dice and EA released their trailer for the next Battlefield game. Takes place during the first World War

Does anyone plan on getting it for PS4?

Definitely getting it for XOne, didn't bother with the last battlefield, stuck with Battlefield 4 up until now. Personally haven't liked how all the FPS games of late have tried to be set in the future, games set in the past like WW1 and 2 were always the best. I can't wait for COD4 Remastered to come out as well. 

Stratodinos
3 hours ago, MJ7 said:

Definitely getting it for XOne, didn't bother with the last battlefield, stuck with Battlefield 4 up until now. Personally haven't liked how all the FPS games of late have tried to be set in the future, games set in the past like WW1 and 2 were always the best. I can't wait for COD4 Remastered to come out as well. 

Sadly the cod4 remaster seems to be only available by buying the newer CoD game at the same time in a bundle. 

Just go watch the dislikes on infinite warfare trailer to understand how pissed people are at Activision right now. 

40 minutes ago, Stratodinos said:

Sadly the cod4 remaster seems to be only available by buying the newer CoD game at the same time in a bundle. 

Just go watch the dislikes on infinite warfare trailer to understand how pissed people are at Activision right now. 

Oh yeah I knew that you had to buy the new game, hoping I can just sell the new one straight away after downloading cod4 lol.

Stratodinos
Just now, MJ7 said:

Oh yeah I knew that you had to buy the new game, hoping I can just sell the new one straight away after downloading cod4 lol.

It is highly likely that the cd-key will be tied to the 2 games at the same time rumors say. 

Also, the new game will most likely have a very poor resell value. 

I would not hope too much on that part. 

Frankly I would have purchased the remaster if it was a stand-alone game.

I would pay anything for COD4 again, It was definitely my favorite game on the 360. I expected them to make it so you'd have to keep the new game in order to play COD4, just hanging on to a little bit of hope haha.

Stratodinos

I feel like they will just do the same and force the aim assist on mouse users like they did with the previous one. 

I'll probably stick to Battlefield anyway if they do that...

I've bought every single Battlefield, and plan on also buying Battlefield 1. Disliked 4 and Hardline, but usually buy them regardless. Same with how I've nearly always had runescape membership regardless of how shit the game gets sometimes, I love both games too much to give up on them :P

(I'll be getting it on PC)

10 hours ago, Eisa said:

I've bought every single Battlefield, and plan on also buying Battlefield 1. Disliked 4 and Hardline, but usually buy them regardless. Same with how I've nearly always had runescape membership regardless of how shit the game gets sometimes, I love both games too much to give up on them :P

(I'll be getting it on PC)

I understand the dislike towards Hardline, but How do you dislike BF4?

I wonder if we could C4 a horse on Battlefield 1. Maybe even strap c4 on it and Horse ram a tank. One can only hope #JeepRamSquad :D

13 hours ago, Astraeus G said:

I understand the dislike towards Hardline, but How do you dislike BF4?

I wonder if we could C4 a horse on Battlefield 1. Maybe even strap c4 on it and Horse ram a tank. One can only hope #JeepRamSquad :D

I just really disliked the change of map design. I felt like they just didn't work at all. It might've just been me though, I have a couple thousand hours on BF3 or so, and was on the worldwide leaderboards for the PS3, and the top 3 with the SPAS-12. I really love the series, and I hope I can get into BF1

BF3 had incredible maps designed for Rush that had a real sense of progression to them (i.e. Damavand Peak, Metro), really made the game feel epic. Rush is by FAR the greatest game mode. BF4 just had all open Conquest-style maps. Also, BF4 was bug-riddled on launch, and stayed that way for several months before it worked properly. This turned so many players off. Hopefully they have a nice smooth launch and don't fuck this up like Hardline and Star Wars Battlefront. They really have a good chance to take a good chunk of CODs sales this year, they are already get an A+ for the quality of this trailer and more importantly, the timing of it's release (a few days after COD released their shit garbage trailer for SpaceCOD).

Still, Titanfall 2 will be the game of the year for me and will get all of my time and attention. But that is probably going to have a much later launch date, BF1 and Gears of War 4 will be my baes until then.

I have to repurchase my PS4, however when I do I want to pick up BF"1" for sure :D I used to be a big call of duty fan but after MW3 and black ops the whole series died for me. To this day Modern Warefare and World at War are my favorite of that franchise.

~LeMasters

Stratodinos
On 15/5/2016 at 11:28 AM, SirAram said:

I have to repurchase my PS4, however when I do I want to pick up BF"1" for sure :D I used to be a big call of duty fan but after MW3 and black ops the whole series died for me. To this day Modern Warefare and World at War are my favorite of that franchise.

~LeMasters

Or just invest that same amount of money in a mid-range graphics card to get more out of your money? 

Why would you want to cripple yourself to playing first person shooters with a controller and aim assist?

I've had an xb1 for a couple months now, been looking into getting a FPS, wasn't feeling the newest COD/Battlefield/Star wars games, this one definitely looks sick and I'm planning on getting it. Is it worth it to drop $30 on bf4 now to tide me over till mid october? Should i get any of the random ass bundles?

8 hours ago, Rain said:

I've had an xb1 for a couple months now, been looking into getting a FPS, wasn't feeling the newest COD/Battlefield/Star wars games, this one definitely looks sick and I'm planning on getting it. Is it worth it to drop $30 on bf4 now to tide me over till mid october? Should i get any of the random ass bundles?

BF4 is pretty good now after all the tweaks and fixes they had to do. Just look out for all the super try hards still playing it. Most people/servers just have the original maps on rotation so you shouldn't need any map DLC's, just if you wanted to get the weapon ones so you're not at a disadvantage. 

On 5/16/2016 at 1:17 PM, Stratodinos said:

Or just invest that same amount of money in a mid-range graphics card to get more out of your money? 

Why would you want to cripple yourself to playing first person shooters with a controller and aim assist?

Less hackers, I find Consoles area easier to play FPS games. I also like the PS4 and my computer can play most FPS shooters. Its good enough to run Crysis 3 and BF4. so PC isnt an issue. I just want to own a PS4.

Stratodinos
15 hours ago, SirAram said:

Less hackers, I find Consoles area easier to play FPS games. I also like the PS4 and my computer can play most FPS shooters. Its good enough to run Crysis 3 and BF4. so PC isnt an issue. I just want to own a PS4.

Hackers are only an issue when the system being used is Peer-to-Peer based, some bad exemples for this are CoD or The Division which are filled with hackers thanks to the multiplayer system heavily trusting user provided information (which is essentially the source of hacks). 

Hackers were almost non existant in battlefield 4. 

On 5/16/2016 at 2:43 PM, Rain said:

Yes.  There's a lot of people that still play it. If you do end up getting it, try out rush. Like Memphus said, it's the best mode on Battlefield.

On 5/18/2016 at 8:47 AM, Stratodinos said:

Hackers are only an issue when the system being used is Peer-to-Peer based, some bad exemples for this are CoD or The Division which are filled with hackers thanks to the multiplayer system heavily trusting user provided information (which is essentially the source of hacks). 

Hackers were almost non existant in battlefield 4. 

That's why I stay away from those. Especially the Division. I was so excited when I saw the trailer for it too. :/

As for any COD game. I never got into them. The matches seemed simple to me. The one I probably spent the most time on was Advanced Warfare but I quit that after 2 weeks & went back to Destiny Lol. Never even touched Bo3.