Meg's Cases

Beefhaus

I haven't seen any speculation at all about what the shadowy thief from Meg's cases might be.  I think we should dig out the tinfoil hats and throw around some ideas.  

Here's the info we have from the most current part of Robber from the Darkness:

• So far they have stolen clothes, bed linen, some dye, a cake tin, a hammer, a crystal ball used for traveling and now a vial.

• From the clues so far they can turn out lights, they have talons and wings, they are powerful, they can travel to different planes, can start fires and use another language with the word 'vosk'.

Based on the description, this being sounds an awful lot like a Nihil.  The talons and wings fit, the Shadow Phase from Nex darkens the screen, and they're obviously powerful.  They live on a different plane, and can travel to Gileinor. The fire starting is not something I've seen associated with nihils, however.  The only thing I've found on 'vosk' is it translating from Czech as meaning 'wax.'

The items stolen aren't leading me to any conclusions other than maybe a disguise or bits to repair something on the ship mentioned in Meg's other ongoing case.   

Anyone got any ideas about this mystery and/or the other?

Dragonkin make a lot of sense.  Looks like Vosk means 'False User,' a person using Jas's Stone that's not supposed to.  If I remember correctly, Sliske has the Stone now, right?  

As far as the thefts, the crystal ball for travelling may be able to lead them to Sliske with some sort of modification?  

I haven't given much thought to this :huh:, but if I had to take a wild guess, I'd say some sort of dragon too, mainly because a lot of the cases revolve around Eastern mysteries and dragons are a huge symbol in Eastern culture. :D 

There's actually interesting game lore behind these miniquests? I'm now motivated to start them. :reporter:

7 minutes ago, Beric said:

There's actually interesting game lore behind these miniquests? I'm now motivated to start them. :reporter:

have you done the fremennik sagas? i enjoyed the story behind the last 2

Just now, Deathcon4111 said:

have you done the fremennik sagas? i enjoyed the story behind the last 2

Yes, but I don't really remember them. Which is good because I need to do them all over again for 100%. 

Just now, Beric said:

Yes, but I don't really remember them. Which is good because I need to do them all over again for 100%. 

i need to do them to complete the dg tasks... (even tho i already finished the elite)

1 hour ago, Beefhaus said:

Dragonkin make a lot of sense.  Looks like Vosk means 'False User,' a person using Jas's Stone that's not supposed to.  If I remember correctly, Sliske has the Stone now, right?  

As far as the thefts, the crystal ball for travelling may be able to lead them to Sliske with some sort of modification?  

Yeah afaik Sliske has the stone now. That's a good thought (about the crystal ball.)

I still need to do some of the newer ( for me atleast) Sliske involved quests such as dishonour among thieves and probably another i'm forgetting, also the new quest involving him the 23rd of this month along with a new barrows sister.

14 hours ago, Beefhaus said:

sounds an awful lot like a Nihil

lol bro chill its literally nothing

I take Latin, its nothing. :D

The crystal orb reminds me of a commorb. I'd assume that it isn't just one being, so dragonkin seems plausible like somebody else said. We'll see, and it will be neat!

Well, they went ahead and killed the fun and flat-out announced that the Dragonkin are doing the thieving and kidnapping.  Deathcon was pretty much spot on with that one!