Warcraft The movie

Tortured

Dont know if i seen a topic about this movie anywhere but i was just wondering if anyone wants to see it and what people think of a movie being made about the game

The peaceful realm of Azeroth stands on the brink of war as its civilization faces a fearsome race of invaders: orc warriors fleeing their dying home to colonize another. As a portal opens to connect the two worlds, one army faces destruction and the other faces extinction. From opposing sides, two heroes are set on a collision course that will decide the fate of their family, their people, and their home.

Edited by Tortured

Not really interested in it, did play WoW for a couple months after being begged by a friend. Apparently the "critics" are giving it bad reviews? Imbd and IGN say 7-8/10. 

2 minutes ago, MJ7 said:

Not really interested in it, did play WoW for a couple months after being begged by a friend. Apparently the "critics" are giving it bad reviews? Imbd and IGN say 7-8/10. 

I guess the "Critics" Probally need to have played WoW and kinda compare it to the movie? 

37 minutes ago, MJ7 said:

They have a lot of criticism of what HAS to be done, Orcs talking english whaaaaaattt??? no fucking shit otherwise we couldn't understand over half the movie dumbasses.  Like really what kinda idiotic criticism is that?

7 minutes ago, Deathcon4111 said:

They have a lot of criticism of what HAS to be done, Orcs talking english whaaaaaattt??? no fucking shit otherwise we couldn't understand over half the movie dumbasses.  Like really what kinda idiotic criticism is that?

I have seen movies before where they have left characters speaking random language and havent even seen subtitles i bet they would complain a hell of a lot more if it was left like that

Stratodinos

A lot of glimpses from the RTS games and the mmorpg. 

It's enjoyable if you actually know the lore. 

I feel like the movie adaptation was done just fine. 

It's a shame the critics did not bother themselves having the prerequisites beforehand.

I'm excited for the movie. Even if it's flat-out terrible the CGI will be worth seeing. 

2 hours ago, Tortured said:

I want to see it but i've never actually played WoW Soi dont know how it would go for me

Shouldn't be a problem, think they had that in mind when making it. Not everyone's played WoW. 

17 hours ago, Beric said:

I'm excited for the movie. Even if it's flat-out terrible the CGI will be worth seeing. 

From just the trailers it does look pretty good. 

I guess i might just use my tickets instead of passing em on haha

30 minutes ago, MJ7 said:

Shouldn't be a problem, think they had that in mind when making it. Not everyone's played WoW. 

From just the trailers it does look pretty good. 

I think this was perhaps the only good video game movie I've ever seen. :P

It was by no means a masterpiece, and I would have preferred a true Blizzard cinematic (they're all but gods in that regard), but in my opinion it certainly does not deserve the crippling criticism it has received.

10 minutes ago, Sirsir said:

I would have preferred a true Blizzard cinematic (they're all but gods in that regard)

I would kill for this. 

5 hours ago, Sirsir said:

I think this was perhaps the only good video game movie I've ever seen. :P

I have high hopes for the Assassins creed movie, they were my favorite games to play on Xbox.