Mining/Smithing rework - update from reddit

Bobby

This is going to be such a mess. What the hell are they doing?

I'm very salty I spent all those hours getting a crystal pick and they're going to remove it. :sly:

I hope once they discontinue the crystal pick they place the dragon pick in the bank/inventory and not back on my tool belt. (You can't remove things off it right? :blink:)

38 minutes ago, Beric said:

I'm very salty I spent all those hours getting a crystal pick and they're going to remove it. :sly:

fuck. At least I wont get screwed on hcim. hype.

I'm pretty excited about this update considering how useless those skills are now. I'm worried about the drop tables for some monsters though.

Smithing assuming you have the bars for it just went from bout lvl 80-99 in 2 weeks to well over 6 months

Supposed to match same time it is to acquire gear from pvm of matching tier.... so if thats the case t85 armor will take min 6 months... as bout as long as ports takes to get supplies... plus all this sht is tank armor...  sooo what is the point really...

Increase clue rewards... means in 3-5 days from all the people spamming clues for gp will flood the market and shit will be worthless like it is now....

Thx jagex other then totally fucking smithing in general....good bye slayer... as they are not replacing drops from mobs that give heavy rune/addy  

Rip most slayer monster gp methods for ironmen.

zeiCr0e.png
sov80N1.png
bALFz3o.png
rMurlWt.png
1XehBoR.png
OunSDgx.png
kE4AqBk.png
kiCzDIE.png
QUkUYQ7.png
9FUiX6p.png

Edit:
@Beric If you wanna hackerman my post into bobii's so its not at the end of the thread.
Edited by Deathcon4111

Crystal pickaxe = wayyyy beyond suspension of disbelief. I'd be afraid of shattering it every time I' try to hit a gold vein, let alone an ore. At least orichalcum is a historic metal, even if it was probably a bronze of some kind.

Kinda feels like RIP rune mining as well, or perhaps not, if they leave xp and alch values alone and the new ingredient is f2p/less than 1k apiece.

Gold and silver left alone? I afk mined the former on and off last week, maybe I should switch. Iron? What'll happen to the forging ring and the 50% chance, I wonder.

Kind of a shame they're still piously avoiding any integration with any other skill whatsoever.

6 hours ago, Death Angle4 said:

whats a fast way to go from 83-90 smithing before the update happens

There's always the tried-and-true goldsmithing with gauntlets. I think most other methods are very expensive. Make sure you go to a portable forge to do it to get the boosts (Portables friends chat to find one).

8 hours ago, Death Angle4 said:

whats a fast way to go from 83-90 smithing before the update happens

1 hour ago, Veggie said:

There's always the tried-and-true goldsmithing with gauntlets. I think most other methods are very expensive. Make sure you go to a portable forge to do it to get the boosts (Portables friends chat to find one).

How does straight smithing gold ores compare to juju mining potion/familiar/crystal pick/Super heat forme w/ gaunts?

1 hour ago, Deathcon4111 said:

How does straight smithing gold ores compare to juju mining potion/familiar/crystal pick/Super heat forme w/ gaunts?

Not sure, I don't remember doing it, so either I haven't done it or it was only for a few minutes. I did most of my Smithing training at Artisan workshop because might as well do that and get the unlocks during double Artisan xp/points. So then I just did mining on its own with granite and seren stones.

21 hours ago, Deathcon4111 said:

I looked into it after i got crystal prayers. Info I could find was about 100k/hr in each mining and smithing

Mining & Smithing Rework Postponed

Hello everyone,

Earlier this week, we shared more information on the Mining & Smithing rework in a live stream, on our forums and across social media.

That led to huge amount of feedback from you all, which we didn’t want to rush through or ignore. With that in mind, we’ve taken the tough decision to postpone Mining & Smithing to next year.

Why?

It’s important that the Mining & Smithing Rework is the update you want: it changes the game you play, and you asked for it in last year’s survey.

But, when we presented the design, it was clear that we weren’t close enough to what you expected. You had a lot of fair feedback and concerns, including issues with the core parts of the update. In particular, you felt the update was bloated with things you didn’t need or didn’t need changing, yet was leaving a lot unfinished.

We want to make sure that we get this right first time. We also want to spend time chatting with you, to highlight and solve the core issues. Let’s produce something that benefits the game now and in the long-term, while also meeting your expectations.

What now?

Mining & Smithing’s September schedule slot will be filled with a number of updates that focus on improving the game, and we’ll share those updates next week. We will also use some of the additional time to get a head start for the epic Sliske's Endgame quest!

Once again, we're sorry for the delay, but we feel we’re making the right decision for Mining & Smithing and the game for years to come.

Mod Osborne, Lead Designer