Soul Split/Torment or Overloads?

DougieFr3ssh

94 herblore first because the accuracy increase from overloads is higher than the increase from turmoil AND you'll be able to use saradomin brews without re-potting every few sips. In most higher level bossing scenarios you will be praying a specific style or styles during combat, so SS has minimal use there.

With that said, if you don't plan on getting into higher level bossing anytime soon, ss is great for slayer and lower pvm because it minimizes the need of food.

4 hours ago, Beric said:

I'd say abuse the upcoming DXP weekend to level whichever is more expensive. 

From my calculations herblore is quite a bit more expensive. From 85-96 herblore it was 110m and that is factoring in dxp weekend. Granted it could be cheaper if you don't make extremes and sell back the potions you do make.

From 75-95 prayer it is roughly 85m using a gilded altar without dxp.

Edit: 75-95 prayer is just under 60m using gilded altar.. just looked it up. So herblore is way way more expensive.

Edited by Afternine
5 hours ago, Drake R said:

94 herblore first because the accuracy increase from overloads is higher than the increase from turmoil AND you'll be able to use saradomin brews without re-potting every few sips. In most higher level bossing scenarios you will be praying a specific style or styles during combat, so SS has minimal use there.

With that said, if you don't plan on getting into higher level bossing anytime soon, ss is great for slayer and lower pvm because it minimizes the need of food.

You can drink potions without them being overloads

Absolutely prayer, soul split is invaluable, although you definitely need 95 Prayer to make it worthwhile.

You don't need brews except for Yakamaru. They are nice to have in some places, especially if you're trying to kill Araxxor efficiently (heal to full health without losing adrenaline for phase 4).

So from 77 to 95 prayer it would cost me roughly 57m based on current prices (which may have spiked a little due to dxp weekend)

Here is what it cost me to go from 85 to 96 herblore (99 really, because I farmed all the torstols to make my extremes into overloads, but not included on this picture):

twzyfv3.png?1

I agree with Vigi. You can make super antifires so you have the most useful of the potions for general training/slayer, and can start dipping into extremes at your leisure. Soul Split and the offensive curses, then dump any remaining money into making progress on overloads. 

If you have the money to secure the resources for both, then that's obviously the best, unless you're thinking prices might settle down after DXP. Otherwise, splitting it up like others have mentioned is probably the best course of action.

All that being said though, I honestly probably use overloads more than the prayers, though I'm sure that has something to do with not knowing how to fully take advantage of them after coming back to the game after a few years, ha!

Good luck!

After spending the resources and time to get 95 prayer, I can confidently say soul split makes slayer much more enjoyable. I used to go through food like crazy. Now I use 1 or 2 prayer flasks in place of like 20 monkfish.