Scamming incident

Im112

So im on off and decide to hop on rs to grind some bits of xp and hope to earn some gps by flipping bit by bit

and this guys proceed to try to scam me. Using a similar name to gladzgasmic asking for some gp to help out, i was like sureeeeeee.

Luckily I always had james added before (since i joined), and it felt weird to add him again.

I dont know how to elaborate more, but yeah if someone in the clan asks you for gp/items & you feel something amiss, do think back and counter check if its the real guy.

768fcc010c.jpg

2 similar acc names

5b00ab1ceb.jpg

some stuff he might say to try to scam you.

If you do encounter this, do raise up to some superiors in the chat, take ss for evidence.

Phew, almost lost my herb stack.

15 minutes ago, Deathcon4111 said:

NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE WILL OUR MEMBERS ASK FOR GP.

@Im112 Ask them to approach you via forums if you really want to help them out. (Which you shouldn't) FORUMS. If you're going to do something you're not supposed to, wear protection

13 minutes ago, Drake R said:

@Im112 Ask them to approach you via forums if you really want to help them out. (Which you shouldn't) FORUMS. If you're going to do something you're not supposed to, wear protection

And never trust anyone with Zanik in their name!

50 minutes ago, MiniMoonPies said:

Thanks for letting us know, Keith. The list of impersonated clannies continues to grow. :no: Don't give away your geepees, pals!

ugh - hope nobody tries to impersonate me ^

When in doubt just say no and let us know :P 

Some people, smh. Does anybody know his alt? Dinos W54s. 

39 minutes ago, Maggie said:

ugh - hope nobody tries to impersonate me

I know someone sniped Brimes, Brimesy and Brimez RSN. (Bastard :wtf:) Better not try this shit. :wilson:

Yo @Wolf !

I'm fine so far, another year to go for my army service term.

Just burning some weekends doing manning duties atm, so don't get that much time to play rs.

How are you man?!

I feel so disconnected from the clan being so inactive =/

10 minutes ago, Memphus said:

Holy shit that is nuts - directly targeting us! We're so special

Nah. :P It's a super common scam nowadays. 

3 hours ago, Im112 said:

I feel so disconnected from the clan being so inactive =/

In your prime you were one of our most active members! Heck you won the Rafi award <3 join a team, get on ts, start attending events again :3 

On 9/28/2016 at 0:29 AM, Deathcon4111 said:

NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE WILL OUR MEMBERS ASK FOR GP.

So John.. Wanna gimme some of your ironman GP? Just trade it over mate, no scam <3 (Just jokes ;D)

But that is pretty scummy of someone to try and scam people that way.. Not sure who it might be, but it's pretty dickish.

More serious reply:

It's generally suggested that you do not ask for money or help people asking for money. I'm aware I'm  one of the more trusted members here having been in leadership for +5 years and being one of our older members. So I'm Glad you noticed this and didn't let somebody use my name to wrong you. I would have felt horrible if it worked. 

If you trust somebody and want to help them, no clan policy can (or should) get in the way of that. However there is always a risk with that. Typically I'm so uptight about trust that in the rare occasions I do need help, I tend to ask people who have my real life contact info. So if somethings wrong they can get ahold of me and ask me to get their shit back to them. Lol

• 3 weeks later...