P2W slight reduction, elite skilling outfits to come in game

Sas

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/574buy/the_future_of_elite_skilling_outfits/

Hi everyone,

After looking at our approach for Elite Skilling Outfits and how they are obtained, we are announcing some changes to how you’ll be able to get your hands on these in the future.

We want Elite Skilling Outfits to become a high-level reward for playing relevant game content. Whilst Elite Skilling Outfits will still be obtainable (and introduced via) Treasure Hunter, they will be making their way into the game after a period of exclusivity. After a minimum of 4 months from their initial releases, the Elite Skilling Outfits (including the Dungeoneering outfits) will be obtainable via relevant skills or gameplay as a high-level reward. We are committing to this for any future Elite Skilling Outfits too.

You’ll also be seeing some near-immediate additions to the game, in that we will be makingthe Gemstone Golem outfit, as well as the Rune Ethereal outfit, obtainable from skill content in 2 weeks’ time (Monday 31st October)! We’ll let you know the ins-and-outs of how you’ll be able to obtain these in the next week.

Ultimately, as we have said in the past, our goal is to balance the commercial success of RuneScape and Jagex with the long-term health of the game. This is one step towards this objective.

Thank you all for your feedback!

All the best,

The RuneScape Team

I am certain they'll be almost impossible to obtain without 100s of hours of skilling. Probably be 200mil in the skill you are trying to get an outfit for before you get all the parts.

23 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

I am certain they'll be almost impossible to obtain without 100s of hours of skilling. Probably be 200mil in the skill you are trying to get an outfit for before you get all the parts.

People said that about the pets, but I have 3 :)

1 minute ago, Afternine said:

People said that about the pets, but I have 3 :)

And then there's Sas, still trying to get one at 200M. 

34 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Well, it seems that they haven't decided on how to release it yet, it may not even be rng based, it may be a reward for completing content.  Either way I seriously doubt they will make something that was once on treasure hunter a completionist requirement, so no reason for you to be so pessimistic, as it doesn't effect you.  It's definitely a good direction for them to start taking.

7 minutes ago, Beric said:

And then there's Sas, still trying to get one at 200M. 

I feel for Sas... I couldn't standing doing a skill I hate past 99, much less 200m...

1 minute ago, iSpesh said:

I feel for Sas... I couldn't standing doing a skill I hate past 99, much less 200m...

Hunter is fun though, gives me an excuse to do it without feeling too bad about wasting my time when I have other goals.

Just now, Sas said:

Hunter is fun though, gives me an excuse to do it without feeling too bad about wasting my time when I have other goals.

Hunter is one of those few skills I hate :P though I really need to buckle down and at least get it to 99 for max.

45 minutes ago, Sas said:

so no reason for you to be so pessimistic, as it doesn't effect you.

But it will effect others. I am capable of empathy. Also there is just no way I believe it'll be easy to obtain. Probably go the route of the Ibis outfit or minigame armors pre-thaler.

1 minute ago, AmusedDragon said:

But it will effect others. I am capable of empathy. Also there is just no way I believe it'll be easy to obtain. Probably go the route of the Ibis outfit or minigame armors pre-thaler.

tfw I did 13 hours of pyramid plunder in one day and never got ibis. I don't know if its possible, I've only heard of 1 of my friends ever getting 1 piece - no more.

14 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

The Ibis outfit is ridiculous. I only have one item from the set. 

At the worst, you'd probably just have to grind out a few thousand thaler. If Jagex really wanted to to make them hard to obtain, they wouldn't have made them a reward from Vic. I completed a majority of my outfits thanks to him. Either way, I really don't expect it to make much of a difference how difficult they are to obtain. The boost is nice, but it's not that hard to gain exp with modern day training methods, especially if players have been skilling just fine without them.

2 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

For Dungeoneering and possibly Runecrafting, that's fine. 

With the overpowered-ness of that DG set  im glad shit like this is actually comming into game by some means other then TH.

Granted at what point  will i try for 200m's? no idea but they should help along the way if i so decide.