Expert advice on thieving

True Ember

As we do have plenty of elite veterans here, I'd like to ask how to get thieving to 60 asap (from 54). I need thieving for the dealing with scarabbas quest to I don't have to worry about water in the desert (going to power mine granite for 75 mining later).

I only do thieving for dailies, but for plunder I bring a little bit of food and run through until I reach the highest room I have access to, then open everything in that room and exit.  Don't know if that's what you're supposed to do, but it seems pretty efficient.

2 hours ago, Rafi said:

I only do thieving for dailies, but for plunder I bring a little bit of food and run through until I reach the highest room I have access to, then open everything in that room and exit.

Do your highest and half of the room before it.  

1 minute ago, Sansa said:

Do your highest and half of the room before it.  

2 hours ago, Rafi said:

I only do thieving for dailies, but for plunder I bring a little bit of food and run through until I reach the highest room I have access to, then open everything in that room and exit.  Don't know if that's what you're supposed to do, but it seems pretty efficient.

Thanks guys. I will try this method.

2 hours ago, True Ember said:

Thanks guys. I will try this method.

I'm not sure how the exp compares to pyramid plunder, but that minigame makes me mad when you fail the same urn for like a straight minute.

one method i used was completing the Buyers and Cellers quest + some of the mini-capers available afterward.

this progresses the thieving guild, eventually you have access to a line of jail doors with chests behind them.

You picklock the doors and chests and hop worlds and repeat.

7 hours ago, Incite said:

I did the blackjacking to 99 and it only took me like a week rofl

thieving doesn't really take that long, or any skill really if you got the time and effort

and the bestest damnest experience method training 

This is abit of a higher level method but..

Im not really sure on the xp/hr, if your 78 thieving you can get a lockpick/gembag and head to dorgeshuun city, there us a house with 2 rich chests inside. Each chest gives 650 xp and takes 5mins to respawn, you can picklock both aaand just worldhop down the list.

On Osrs this was actually a decent method to level after they removed the 30second timer for worldhopping.

47 minutes ago, Deathcon4111 said:

Im not really sure on the xp/hr, if your 78 thieving you can get a lockpick/gembag and head to dorgeshuun city, there us a house with 2 rich chests inside. Each chest gives 650 xp and takes 5mins to respawn, you can picklock both aaand just worldhop down the list.

Is this better than thieving guild doors? I remember those being pretty high xp. 

1 hour ago, Beric said:

Is this better than thieving guild doors? I remember those being pretty high xp. 

Thieving guild doors are available as low as 35 iirc and its like 55k/hr

Rich dorgeshuun chests req 78and i THINK are atleast 190k/hr with hopping.

If in the future you begin hating pyramid plunder, like most do, its worth noting you don't have to PP past 86. If you summon an abyssal lurker and use its special, it will temporarily boost +4 in thieving, allowing you to semi-afk spam click dwarf traders (once you trap the guards/find a busy world) until you have the level for prif elves. I know this is a bit down the road for your level but just thought the information would be relevant to you at some point.