Update to Elite skilling outfits

Deathcon

Hey all,

The design for the elite outfits coming into game has been finalised, and I’m happy to reveal the details for the Gemstone Golem and Rune Ethereal outfits! This design may also be used for future outfits as they’re released.

When you reach level 70 in the appropriate skill, you can speak to the skillcape master for that skill to learn how to collect elite outfit fragments (gemstone golem fragments, etc, different per skill). These fragments will be gathered in the currency pouch when you are training that skill, through any method.

To turn the fragments into the outfit pieces, you’ll need to learn an Invention blueprint, have 20 Invention for the Gemstone Golem outfit and 21 invention for the Rune Ethereal outfit, and level 80 in the associated skill.. The blueprint will not cost any inspiration.

Players with level 99, level 120 and with 200m will receive better chance of receiving the fragments, graded at each level – so level 120 will receive more fragments than level 99, etc.

What’s staying similar to the outfits from TH:

The outfit pieces will be one-to-one tradeable
    The outfit piece you craft will be random, to encourage trading
    Outfit pieces are reclaimed from Diango
    If you have all 3 normal outfits they can be combined into the one super outfit

We’re currently looking to release this on the 14th November. Though the original plan was to release within 2 weeks, we have taken extra time to get the outfits just right and make sure it’s suitable.

Source*

Hey all,

To summarize a few things, as more comments come in I'll edit in anything else that needs clarifying.

• The same amount of fragments are required for each piece
  • Ironmen are not able to trade piece for piece, as the rules of Ironman stop them from trading.
  • You won't get duplicate pieces
  • The pieces are not slot locked when trading piece for piece, but have to be from the same outfit.
  • You will still get the blueprints regardless of whether you've got the outfits
  • interim levels don't affect the obtaining rate, it's a flat increase at 99/120/200m

Edited by Deathcon4111
2 hours ago, Sansa said:

Odd choice to lock it behind invention. 

I think it's fitting. A lot of TH stuff should be invention stuff.

Back in my day you busted your ass at Temple Trekking or Lava Flow Mine, and those were your elite skilling outfits.

35 minutes ago, Cam I Am said:

Back in my day you busted your ass at Temple Trekking or Lava Flow Mine, and those were your elite skilling outfits.

... Have only done 2 games of Trekking and never been to flow mine except in the quest

8 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

I think it's fitting. A lot of TH stuff should be invention stuff.

Needing level 80 in three skills before you can work on any other skill's outfit? I think it's weird. 

• 2 weeks later...